Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 11 189 Records Found

Abbots Bromley - Market House and Stocks: sepia drawing

'The Market house at Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire,' showing a Tudor octagonal building. The stocks (for three) are set between two pillars. There is a public house on the right, and cottages behind.'J. ...

Abbots Bromley - Tudor Market Cross and House: pen and ink drawing

'Market Cross, Abbots Bromley,' showing a row of houses and the church in the background. 'T.P.W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Abbots Bromley Tudor - Market Cross and House: pencil and wash drawing

'Market Cross, Abbots Bromley.' Showing a row of houses and the church tower in the background. The village street is to the right.[Original pencil drawing for SV I.9b.]'T.P.W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]...

Auction in Market Square, Uttoxeter.

This crowd has gathered for an auction in Market Square. The area is now 'Sketchley's corner'.

Bargate Street, Brewood

Bargate Street, looking towards the village centre. Just before the Bridge Inn can be seen the bridge over the Shropshire Union canal.

Bath Street, Stafford

This view from Earl Street, with the former Harris and Son's off-licence on Bath Street corner, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Centre right is the former Police Station and on the right ...

Bernard Moore Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

A display case containing a selection of ware by Bernard Moore. Formerly of Moore Bros., Longton, Bernard Moore is noted for producing Flambe Glaze ware during its revival in the early 20th century. ...

Burslem - Town Hall and Market House: engraving

Showing a square Georgian building with a bell turret, viewed from the market place.Inscribed 'Town-Hall and Market-House of Burslem.''H. Sherwin, fecit.,' [made the drawing.]

Burton-upon-Trent - Town Hall: sepia drawing

Showing the Town Hall, a Georgian building, built in 1771. It lies east to west, showing an upper room on seven arches, standing in front of the old church. Artist: J. Buckler.

Cannock Market

Shoppers at Cannock Market. This is Section Three, Open, which was situated behind Stafford Road.

Cannock Market

Shoppers at Cannock Market. This is Section Three, Open, which was situated behind Stafford Road.

Cattle Market , Stone

This photograph was taken from the railway bridge by Granville Terrace, looking down to the site of the cattle market which closed in May 1994. The site was demolished to make way for Christchurch ...

Cattle Market, Gaolgate Street, Stafford,

Cattle fair held in Gaolgate Street (then known as Cow Street). The annual Rother Market, where long-horned cattle were bought and sold, continued until 1909, when protests about congestion and the ...

Cattle Market, Stafford,

The last cattle fair held in Gaolgate Street (then known as Cow Street). The photograph was taken from the corner of Market Square and Gaolgate Street. On the right is Mummery's jewellers shop. The ...

Cattle Market, Victoria Road, Tamworth

The figure on the extreme right in the dark coat is George Henry Mulvey, a butcher.

Chapel Street and Crabbery Street, Stafford

This view looking south from the Chapel Street and Crabbery Street junction towards Albion Place and Bath Street in Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. On the left there is a ...

Cheadle Market Place

Market stalls in the Market Place, off the High Street in Cheadle. The late Georgian terrace (1-5 Market Place)in the background dates from 1819 and is currently (in 2004) derelict. The bow-windows ...

Clock and Market Place, Willenhall

A busy market day in Willenhall. This area is now pedestrianised but the buildings are still identifiable. With the number of working men visible at and around the stalls, it was probably a Saturday ...