Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 17 291 Records Found

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Air race biplane, near Lichfield

Photographic postcard of the London-Manchester air race held between Claude Graham–White and Louis Paulham in 1910, the world's first long distance air race. This view shows Graham-White's biplane, probably ...

Air Training Corps, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Ancient High House, Stafford,

View of the Ancient High House on Greengate Street, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. On the right is Brookfield's tailors which until the early twentieth century was occupied by W. Wynne, a bootmaker. In ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Aqualate Hall on Fire

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...

Arthur Myatt with horse and trap, Stone

On Longton Road, looking towards the town. Behind can be seen the Bridge Inn, now Langtry’s, with the Co-op department store and bakery beyond.

Audley views

This multi-view postcard of the village of Audley was posted in Stoke on Trent to an address in Newcastle upon Tyne. It includes views of Nantwich Road, Vernon Avenue, Church Street and Bignall End.

Bailey's Garage, Stafford,

Bailey's Garage was on Lichfield Road. The garage later became Attwood's.

Baker boys at Shugborough,

Colin Baker (left, on his bicycle) with his brother David at Shugborough Park. Their father Colin George Baker was the Walled Garden tenant at Shugborough between 1932 and 1939.

Band, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone,

The parade is seen here crossing the bridge on Radford Street, towards Oulton Road.

Barley Mow public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Barlow family at Highcroft, Rough Close

Charles Barlow (in bowler hat) with his two eldest children and baby Dorothy held by the housemaid. This is one of a set of photographs of the Barlow family of Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. ...

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Bell Inn, Haughton,

The present day entrance is now at the side facing the camera. The lorry stands outside the milk shed.

Bilston Lane, Willenhall

This Harold Cartwright photograph shows The White House, Bilston Lane, Willenhall.

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an arts centre, but has since been demolished ...

Blacksmith outside Red Cross Smithy, Knypersley

Blacksmiths outside the Red Cross Smithy at Knypersley, near Biddulph, Staffordshire. Various items are in the background: rakes, forks, scythe blades and mower blades, with a plough. On the left is ...