Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 45 800 Records Found

32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter

Cottages 32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter, later renovated to become Redfern's Cottage and Museum of Uttoxeter Life. Photographer: Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

A.W. Collyer & Sons plant nursery, Cannock

Arthur William Collyer was born in Bridgetown, Cannock. On leaving school he followed his father's trade as an auger maker, but by the 1911 census he is listed as a Colliery Clerk. He went on to run ...

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

Air Training Corps, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Albion Square from Lichfield Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the northern end of Lichfield Street looking across Albion Square towards Stafford Street (left) and Tontine Street (right). Albion Street is going the left edge. Pedestrianisation ...

Alistair Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along Alistair Road from its junction with Kensington Road. The area was open land in 1900. By 1924 the terraced houses on the right had been built and the other side was filled in by 1937 ...

Alrewas War Memorial

The First World War Memorial situated on Main Street at the junction with Post Office Road. This area was formerly known as 'The Green'.

ALSTOM Power, Distribution Services

In the spring of 2001 ALSTOM Power Distribution Services had recently taken delivery of this new girder frame trailer, known as A500. The photograph shows the trailer, nearly 100 metres long, being moved ...

Alton Towers

A general view of Alton Towers from the south. The Chapel with its tall slim tower can be seen in the background. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between ...

American Red Cross, Hanley

The American Red Cross in Upper Market Square, Hanley pictured during World War II. In the late 1950s this building was the National Insurance Office, then later Cantor's furniture store. Today (2019) ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

A quiet Wednesday morning in Anson Street. On the left is the Police Station with three Police Officers in conversation by a motor-scooter parked on the road. On the right is the Post Office where two ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Ash Green, Trentham

A postcard view of a quiet scene at Ash Green, with the A34, Stone Road (left to right) and by the motor car is the Longton Road junction. On the right are cottages which still stand, although now hidden ...

Ashcroft Lane, Shenstone

Looking north from the junction with Lynn Lane, Shenstone, this postcard view of houses and a cottage in Ashcroft Lane has hardly changed over the years. The buildings remain (July 2020), however, the ...

Ashleys Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This photograph shows the corner of Ashleys Square, which was off Brook Lane. The top of Holy Trinity church can just be seen over the buildings to the right of the lamp. This photograph demonstrates ...

Ashwood, Longton

This is a view west along Ashwood towards Friar Street with Manse Street off to the left with Manse Close just visible beyond. The Victorian housing has been demolished and redeveloped. There are three ...

Audley views

This multi-view postcard of the village of Audley was posted in Stoke on Trent to an address in Newcastle upon Tyne. It includes views of Nantwich Road, Vernon Avenue, Church Street and Bignall End.