Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 23 409 Records Found

21 Church Street, Tamworth

Number 21 Church Street has been used both as a library and Municipal offices over the years. Sir Robert Peel's Public Library, founded in 1841 in Colehill, was transferred to this site in 1871, but closed ...

32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter

The semi derelict buildings on Carter Street which were later re-furbished and turned into the Uttoxeter Heritage Centre.

32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter

Cottages 32-36 Carter Street, Uttoxeter, later renovated to become Redfern's Cottage and Museum of Uttoxeter Life. Photographer: Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.

6th North Staffordshire Regiment, Burton upon Trent

Lantern slide view of soldiers of the 6th North Staffordshire Regiment marching along George Street. The Opera House can be seen to the left. St. George's Hall was built in George Street in 1867 ...

A decorated Palace Cinema, George Street, Tamworth

The first Palace Cinema can be seen here decorated to celebrate the Coronation of George V. The early 20th century Palace cinema was the old music hall and stood on the site of [what is now] Burtons shop ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Ashbourne Road area

Ashbourne Road is in the centre of the picture, with The Avenue, Tean Road, the Recreation Ground and the Leisure Centre also shown. Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd....

Aerial view of Cheadle, Leisure Centre area

The blue-roofed Leisure Centre is in the foreground, with the view looking towards the centre of the town. To the right of the Catholic Church (spire at top of picture), is the Kwik-Save store on the ...

Aerial view of Cheadle, Recreation Ground area

View of the Recreation Ground surrounded by Tean Road, Mill Road, and Park Avenue. Behind the blue-roofed Leisure Centre is the Lightwood housing estate, (at the top of the picture). The picture has been ...

Aerial View of Wombourne

An aerial view of the centre of Wombourne, looking north-east. The Church can be seen to the top of the picture, with the cricket ground on the village green occupying centre left.

Albert Hall Cinema, Interior, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Albert Hall Cinema, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Albert Hall Theatre, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery Street. It closed three years later. In 1919 the building was converted into a repertory theatre and remained as ...

Alhambra Cinema, Longton

Built in 1914 by T C Wild, a Longton pottery owner and future Lord Mayor of Stoke-on-Trent, the Alhambra picture house stood on Upper Normacot Road at the corner of Herbert Road (off to the right). Spring ...

ALSTOM Power, Distribution Services

In the spring of 2001 ALSTOM Power Distribution Services had recently taken delivery of this new girder frame trailer, known as A500. The photograph shows the trailer, nearly 100 metres long, being moved ...

Apollo cinema, Stafford

A view of the Odeon Cinema on the corner of the Green and Newport Road, which was opened by the Earl and Countess of Shrewsbury in 1936. The opening gala was concluded with a showing of Charlie Chaplin's ...

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

Life drawing in Mr. Morse's art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton Library.

Assembly Rooms, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Assembly Rooms are seen here with the Volunteer Fire Brigade extending a ladder to the left of the building. The Assembly Rooms were built in the Italian Renaissance style by public subscription to ...

Avon Players Production of 'Not Now Darling', Stafford,

From left to right are Gordon Fradley, Peter Levy, Pat Hackett and Roy Fox. The set was designed by Ian Tavernor.