Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 1 of 81 1446 Records Found

48 Broad Street, Hanley

In the 1960s, number 48 Broad Street was occupied by Gestetner, a company that manufactured duplication and reproducing machines in the days before photocopiers. Gestetnering involved making a stencil ...

A decorated Palace Cinema, George Street, Tamworth

The first Palace Cinema can be seen here decorated to celebrate the Coronation of George V. The early 20th century Palace cinema was the old music hall and stood on the site of [what is now] Burtons shop ...

A view of Aldergate Street, Tamworth

The passage way in between the buildings once led to Ernest George Edmund Soles' slaughter house. In 2003 the Tamworth Times was located here.

A view of Church Street, Tamworth

A view of the eastern end of Church Street. On the right can be seen one of Tamworth's oldest pub, The Stone Cross. The new Co-op is on the left, built in 1896, with the Paregoric shop further down the ...

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

A. Bentley & Co., grocers and bakers, Railway Street, Stafford

Exterior of A. Bentley & Co., grocers, bakers and provision merchants at 1 & 2, Railway Street, Stafford. Albert Bentley was born at Weston, near Stafford in 1879. He opened his first shop at Railway ...

A.J. Talbot & Son, boot dealers and manufacturers, Eccleshall

A.J. Talbot and Son's shop on High Street, Eccleshall. They were boot and dealers and manufacturers. As well as bespoke boots and shoes, they made leggings, carried out repairs and stocked Lotus, Ariel, ...

A.P. Tiley, pharmacist and optician, Burslem

A.P. Tiley's pharmacist and opticians shop front at the Market Place, Burslem. The business was established in the 1850s. Image from 'Staffordshire Past and Present: An Historical Pictorial & Descriptive ...

A.W. Tilley, photographers, Radford Street, Stone

A.W. Tilley's photography studio, newsagents and stationers at 7, Radford Street, Stone. Arthur William Tilley was a prolific photographer and publisher of postcards between 1896 and around 1912. He ...

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

Abbots Bromley Horn Dancers performing by the Butter Cross. In the background can be seen Crown Bank with the Crown Inn and Wheeldon's taklors and outfitters shop. he horn dance is an annual event ...

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View over Greengate Street and down Martin Street. On the right can be seen the timber framed buildings of the Bear Inn and the Ancient High House. To the left of the Bear Inn is Mottram's Jewellers. In ...

Aerial view of Hilton Park motorway services

Hilton Park opened on the M6 in 1970 and was operated by Toprank, and it is now operated by Moto. In 1998 it was reported to be the busiest service station on the United Kingdom motorway network. Since ...

Aerial View of Stafford from St. Mary's Church Tower

View looking towards Greengate Street. The church tower belongs to St. Chad's. The timber framed building in the foreground is the Ancient High House, built in 1595. King Charles I stayed here in ...

Aerial view of Staffordshire Moorlands District Council Offices and surrounding area, Leek

Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd.

After the fire at Fatty Arbuckles,

Fatty Arbuckle's night club after the fire in 1991. The club was previously known as 'Top of the World' and has since become 'The Colloseum' and 'Zanzibar'.

After the fire at Huggins and Chambers, High Street, Uttoxeter

Huggins and Chambers ironmongers, and vendor of "Witchem's Firelighters", 3 High Street. This image is No.1 in a series of postcards by Alfred McCann, taken in the aftermath of the fire which completely ...