Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 10 165 Records Found

2 - 9 Brook Street, Stoke

This building plan shows the row of terraced buildings on Brook Street in Stoke. They were designed by Henry Ward in tudor-gothic style and were constructed in 1838. Many of the buildings are now used ...

2 Brook Street, Stoke

This plan is of 2 Brook Street in Stoke. It was designed by Henrey Ward and constructed in 1838. It is now Grade II listed. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front of building - First floor plan - ...

21 Church Street, Tamworth

Number 21 Church Street has been used both as a library and Municipal offices over the years. Sir Robert Peel's Public Library, founded in 1841 in Colehill, was transferred to this site in 1871, but closed ...

48 Broad Street, Hanley

In the 1960s, number 48 Broad Street was occupied by Gestetner, a company that manufactured duplication and reproducing machines in the days before photocopiers. Gestetnering involved making a stencil ...

Accounts Department, Universal Wheel Grinding Co., Stafford,

The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. was established on Doxey Road in 1913. The offices opened on 21st January 1938. By the 1970s the company was the largest manufactory of emery wheels and grindstones ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

All Saints Church and graveyard, Dilhorne

Assorted styles of 18th and 19th century memorials can be seen in the graveyard surrounding the church. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of ...

Alstom, Hixon, Stafford

Managers and engineers are pictured with the Mayor of Stafford, Councillor Harry Brunt after he officially opened the newly refurbished Offices and Canteen facilities at the Hixon site, on New Road, Hixon. Among ...

Alstom, St. Leonard's Works, Stafford

Pictured during a refreshment break in a Quality Focus meeting at St Leonard's Works are (from left to right): David Buckless, unknown, David Pearson, David Tipper, Chris Tilstone, Robin Millar and an ...

Annual Inspection at RAF Stafford

Air Vice-Marshal Lowe during his annual inspection of the station. In this photograph he is visiting the Mechanical Recording Section. During the 1960s computerisation of the stores procedures became ...

Arthur Bott, Long Service Award at theEnglish Electric Co., Stafford

This view was taken during a 25 year Long Service Award presentation to Arthur Bott at the English Electric, Central Standards Department which at the time was based in Foregate Street opposite to the ...

Barclays Bank, High Street, Uttoxeter

View down High Street showing Barclays Bank, Bagshaw's Estate Agents, and the Town Hall.

Bargates, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

This area was formerly the premises of Burton Brewery Co. and Salt & Co., as well as some retail outlets. The photograph shows the site prior to re-development in the late 1960s.

Barlow and Willday, coal merchants, Glascote road, Glascote, Tamworth

Samuel Barlow Coal Co. Ltd offices can be seen on the right, with W.H. Willday and Co. Ltd Offices on the left, with their coal delivery van parked outside. Barlows shipped and moved coal in bulk whilst ...

Bass & Co.'s offices, Burton upon Trent

A tinted lantern slide view of Bass & Co.'s old offices on High Street decorated for King Edward VII's visit to Burton upon Trent. Copyright: Burton Library. Lantern slide

Bass & Co.'s offices, Burton upon Trent

A tinted lantern slide view of Bass & Co.'s old offices on High Street decorated for King Edward VII's visit to Burton upon Trent. Copyright: Burton Library.

Bass & Co.'s offices, Burton upon Trent

A tinted lantern slide view of Bass & Co.'s old offices on High Street decorated for King Edward VII's visit to Burton upon Trent. Copyright: Burton Library.

Bass & Co.'s Old Offices, High Street, Burton-on-Trent