Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Law & Order Buildings

Refine By Selecting a Sub Theme

Courts(34)Prisons & Reformatories(65)
Page 1 of 9 157 Records Found

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial view of Stafford Gaol

An aerial view of Stafford Gaol, looking east. In the foreground is Gaol Road. Stafford Gaol was built and opened in 1793. The crescent bock was built in 1830 and further building took place in the ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north from above Tenterbanks.To the left is the River Sow, Broad Eye and the windmill. Stafford Gaol, on Gaol Road, can be seen in the top right hand corner. Copyright and ownership of ...

Anchor China Works and old Police Station, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Longton end of Sutherland Road with part of Longton Police Station on the right hand edge and the Anchor China Works in the centre. The road sign is giving directions for the junction of Sutherland ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view looks northeast along Anson Street to the tower of St. Augustine’s church in the distance. The building on the left is Rugeley Police Station. This postcard was published by G. ...

Architect's Design, Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Photograph of a drawing. Proposed design for the new Wedgwood Factory front at Barlaston, by architectural practice C.S. White and Keith Murray. Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship ...

Assize Hall, Stafford,

There has been a shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Baswich House, Stafford

Baswich House, Stafford. Used by Staffordshire Police 1954 to 2007. Home of Staffordshire Police Museum until 2007. An oil painting by C.W. Sheldon, formerly in the collections of the Staffordshire ...

Burslem Police Station

Burslem Police Station in Jackson Street was built in 1930 and replaced the original station at the rear of Market Hall, fronting onto Wedgwood Place, in Market Place. Since this photograph was taken, ...

Butcher's Shop, Stafford,

This butcher's shop was located on the corner of White Lion Street and Lichfield Road. Next to the shop can be seen the eighteenth century lock-up, used originally to detain local drunks and vagrants. ...

Cenotaph and Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard view was published by Wood's Series, Rugeley. On the left is the Police Station and on the right is the Post Office. Note the London & North Western Railway's delivery dray from the Trent ...

Civic Parade, Market Square, Stafford

Crowds and civic dignitaries in the Market Square, Stafford, with the Shire Hall behind.

Construction of Stafford Magistrates Court and Stafford Police Station

In the centre of this view is the construction site for Stafford Police Station (left) and Magistrates Court (right) which is bordered by Eastgate Street, Cope Street and South Walls. In the background ...

Corn Mill, Stafford Gaol,

The corn mill was built in the 1860s to grind corn for the prisoners' bread. The mill was powered by a treadwheel which was worked by prisoners; this was situated at the rear of the mill, in the building ...

Corner House, 434 Cannock Road, Hednesford

The building was Cannock's original police station, but since the later 1970s it has been used as offices. In May 2003 the old police station was being converted into flats.

Coronation procession, Burton upon Trent

Lantern slide view of a procession during the celebrations for King George V's Coronation. An elephant is in the foreground, walking along Station Street. In the background, to the right, can be seen ...

County Court Debtors' Yard, Stafford Gaol

Imprisonment for debtors was abolished in 1870, but this did not extend to those who failed to pay penalties imposed by the County Court. Debtors were allowed privileges such as hot meals, if they ...