Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 17 292 Records Found

25th Wedding Anniversary, Seighford Hall Hotel

Mr Norman and Mrs Flossie Brown are pictured waiting to be served dinner on the occasion of their 25th wedding anniversary party, which was held on 17th February 1968, at Seighford Hall Hotel, Seighford. Acknowledgement: ...

Alexandra Hotel, Stafford,

The Alexandra Hotel was originally built in the late eighteenth century as a town house and business premises for Thomas Lovett, a wine merchant. It was situated on the corner of Greengate Street and ...

All Saints' Church Club Day, Leek

All Saints’ Church Club Day procession with the church banner by the Nicholson Memorial at the eastern end of Derby Street. In the background is the Talbot Hotel on Ashbourne Road, which was refurbished ...

Alleyway leading to Market Street, Longton

The Heathcote Hotel is visible at the far end of the alley.

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured at a Retirement and Long Service Reception at the New Hough are employees of ALSTOM Transmission and Distribution Projects Ltd (known as TDPL or Tadpole by employees), later known as Alstom Power ...

Anchor China Works and old Police Station, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Longton end of Sutherland Road with part of Longton Police Station on the right hand edge and the Anchor China Works in the centre. The road sign is giving directions for the junction of Sutherland ...

Anchor Road, Adderley Green. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Anchor road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The left hand turning is Gladstone Street, which is now called Bambury Street. The Railway Hotel ...

Angel Hotel, Brewood

The corner of the Angel Hotel was demolished in 1935, the remainder of the building being turned in to the Jubilee Hall.

Angel Hotel, Brewood

The corner of the Angel Hotel was demolished in 1935, the remainder of the building being turned in to the Jubilee Hall. A copy of this photograph is held at Staffordshire Arts and Museum Service.

Anglesey Hotel, Hednesford

The Anglesey Hotel, Hednesford viewed from Market Street. It was built in 1831 by Edmund Peel of Tamworth, son of Sir Robert Peel of Drayton Manor; brother to Robert, sometime British Prime Minister. ...

Anglesey Hotel, Market Street, Hednesford

A bus waits outside the Anglesey Hotel on Market Street. The Anglesey Hotel was built in 1831 by Edmund Peel of Tamworth, son of Sir Robert Peel of Drayton Manor; brother to Robert, sometime British Prime ...

Avon Players Annual Dinner, Stafford

Members of the Avon Players take a brief rest from their exacting task of producing plays to enjoy their annual dinner at the Swan Hotel in Stafford. Thirty five members attended the dinner and after ...

Berkswich branch, Annual Dinner, British Legion, Stafford

Officials and visitors are pictured at the the annual dinner of the Berkswich branch of the British Legion held at the Swan Hotel in Stafford. Seated left to right: the Deputy Mayor, Alderman L Dobson, ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an arts centre, but has since been demolished ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

A postcard view looking along Bird Street with the Post Office on the left and the Swan Hotel on the right. Around 1970 the Post Office was converted into an Arts Centre, but has since been demolished ...

Bird's Eye View of Stafford from Tipping Street

View across Stafford towards the castle, from the top of the Education offices (formerly the Taxation Office) on Tipping Street. In the foreground is St. Chad's Church; to the right of the church tower ...

Bore Street looking towards the Guildhall, Lichfield

The Old Crown Hotel can be seen on the left hand side of the street, with Edgar's Studio on the right. The Crown Hotel was demolished in 1983 and in 2003 the site was occupied by Dolland and Aitchinson ...

Borough Hotel, Trinity Street, Hanley.

The Borough hotel was one of two pubs in Trinity Street sharing the same name. This one was colloquially known as 'The Big Borough' because of its size. At this time it was owned by the local Parker's ...