Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 14 242 Records Found

21 Church Street, Tamworth

Number 21 Church Street has been used both as a library and Municipal offices over the years. Sir Robert Peel's Public Library, founded in 1841 in Colehill, was transferred to this site in 1871, but closed ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View over Greengate Street and down Martin Street. On the right can be seen the timber framed buildings of the Bear Inn and the Ancient High House. To the left of the Bear Inn is Mottram's Jewellers. In ...

Aerial View of Stafford from St. Mary's Church Tower, (2)

In the top left are the new County Buildings on Martin Street, built 1895, with the Borough Hall behind them on Eastgate Street, now the Gatehouse Theatre. In the bottom right is the timber framed ...

Aerial view of Staffordshire Moorlands District Council Offices and surrounding area, Leek

Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd.

An engraving of the Town Hall

The Town Hall was built in 1700-1701, and was paid for by Thomas Guy, the MP for Tamworth. The Town Hall was initially used for civic and social functions, and so was an important building for the town. ...

Anson Street, Rugeley

This postcard scene is a Staffordshire County Library reprint of an old postcard. It shows the War Memorial in Anson Street looking towards the Market Square. On the left is the Palace Theatre and ...

Arlington House, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Arlington House, the detached property set back from the road in this photograph, used to stand on the Ironmarket in Newcastle-under-Lyme. It did not become known as Arlington House until the 1870s when ...

Assize Hall, Stafford,

There has been a shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Barclays Bank, High Street, Uttoxeter

View down High Street showing Barclays Bank, Bagshaw's Estate Agents, and the Town Hall.

Bird's Eye View of Stafford from Tipping Street

View across Stafford towards the gasworks on Chell Road, from the top of the Tax Office on Tipping Street. In front of the gasometer can be seen the tower of the Wesleyan Chapel. In the foreground ...

Borough Hall on Polling Day, Stafford,

The Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Borough Council offices, the library and the Wragg Museum occupied the ground floor. ...

Borough Hall, Stafford,

The Borough Hall on Eastgate Street was designed by Henry Ward, the Borough architect. It opened on 20 June 1877. Borough Council offices, the library and the Wragg Museum occupied the ground floor. ...

Borough Road, Burton-upon-Trent

Looking north along Borough Road, Burton-upon-Trent. the Town Hall and St. Paul's Church can be seen in the distance. A tram can be seen approaching in the middle distance.

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Brook Street and Stoke on Trent Town Hall

This is a view along Brook Street towards Glebe Street and Stoke Town Hall. The brick building to the right is No 1 Brook Street, a grade II listed building, built in 1867. To the left is the edge of ...

Burslem - Town Hall and Market House: engraving

Showing a square Georgian building with a bell turret, viewed from the market place.Inscribed 'Town-Hall and Market-House of Burslem.''H. Sherwin, fecit.,' [made the drawing.]

Burslem Town Hall

The eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and, in front, the gardens that were laid out in the 1960s. This part of the old Market Square used to be the site of the Market Hall and after the gardens, ...