Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 32 Records Found
12

Anchor China Works and old Police Station, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Longton end of Sutherland Road with part of Longton Police Station on the right hand edge and the Anchor China Works in the centre. The road sign is giving directions for the junction of Sutherland ...

Association of Fair Trade, 2 Welch Street, Stoke

This building is presently used as offices but was originally constructed as a fire station in 1913. The original frontage had two large decorative brick arches with an ornate central column and datestone ...

Bomb Shelter, Sandon Road, Stafford

Second World War bomb shelter in rear garden on Sandon Road.

Borough Police Force, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Borough Police Force are here seen pictured with the Mayor of Newcastle, William Mellard. They are outside Mellard's home, The Beeches, which stood on Liverpool Road (now the site of a bus depot). ...

Burslem Police Station

Burslem Police Station in Jackson Street was built in 1930 and replaced the original station at the rear of Market Hall, fronting onto Wedgwood Place, in Market Place. Since this photograph was taken, ...

Burslem Police Station.

Personnel of Burslem Police force line up for an official group photograph at the end of the nineteenth century. The original police station was situated behind the old meat market on Wedgwood Place, ...

Celebratory archway over Stockwell Street, Leek

This arch which reads, "Give Honour To Whom Honour Is Due", was one of several made especially for the Duke and Duchess of York's visit to the town. It stood at the top of Stockwell Street looking towards ...

Church Street, Tamworth

A rare photograph of the shops adjacent to the Old Police Station, seen here on the left, with the Old (Peel) School yard through the entrance way. All of these buildings were demolished in about 1952. ...

Clayton Police Station, Newcastle-under-Lyme

We know that a police officer was stationed here as there is a 'police' sign above the front door. Not far from this house is a path that runs through Clayton Woods known as 'Bobby's lane' (a bobby being ...

Drill hall and fire station, Rugeley

The Drill Hall and Fire Station viewed from Anson Street. In the distance is the new fire station built on Taylor's Lane which opened in 1936. The bus on the far right is coming out of Whieldon's bus ...

Fire Station, Fenton.

The fire station was built by Fenton Borough Council in 1909, a year before the Federation of the six towns. The bell tower is in the Norman style and the whole structure is of red brick. The fire services ...

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

High Street, Eccleshall

A colour-tinted postcard view of the High Street looking towards the Castle Street and Stafford Street crossroads. On the right with the turret is Eccleshall Fire Station. The large white building with ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This is a very interesting view of the High Street as it is much changed today. The Police station is the white building to the right of the Guildhall. This station opened in 1834, for Newcastle's first ...

Line of track and old canal, Water Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This photograph shows the line of the old railway and canal, with the buildings of the railway goods yard on the left. The road on the right hand side is Water Street and the tall building is the Police ...

Longton Police Station

Glover's brewery was on this Sutherland Road site originally, until Joules of Stone bought them out in 1903. The police purchased the brewery from Joules, demolished it, and built this building. Longton ...

Mill Wheels, Mill Bank, Stafford

A postcard view by Mill Bank, Stafford, of the mill Wheels from the town mill which was built by George Brewster in 1834, on the site of the medieval town mill. It was powered by two wheels, fed from ...

Old Fire Station, Burslem

The old fire station was in Fountain Place at the top of Westport Road just along from the entrance to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place Pottery. At the time of the photograph it was occupied by Edwin Longmore's ...

12