Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 6 Records Found
1

Boys' Home, Standon

This building began as a Church of England home for orphans, but by the 1940s it was an approved school for delinquent boys. On the 15th February 1947 the home was the scene of a murder perpetrated ...

Chaseley Children's Home, Cannock

A group photograph of staff and children of the Chaseley Children's Home. Standing on the far right hand side is Mary Rogers, known as Aunty Rogers, a Supervisor at the home. Seated fifth from the right ...

Diamond Jubilee celebrations, New Street, Burton-on-Trent

The decorations in New Street for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee 1897, as viewed from the end of the street nearest High Street. New Street No.1 Crossing can be seen in the distance. The arch over ...

Edgmond Girls' Home, Shropshire

Edgmond Certified Girls' Home was opened by the Bishop of Shrewsbury on 8 January 1898. It was built on the road between Newport and Edgmond and was paid for by Miss Mary Roddam of nearby Summerhill. ...

The Mount School, Penkhull

The Mount was built by Josiah Spode II around 1803-04. At this time Josiah Spode was the most successful china manufacturer in the area and he bought 17 acres of farmland between Penkhull and Hartshill ...

Town Hall, Longton.

Longton Town Hall

1