Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 8 138 Records Found

Air Training Corps, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Alton Towers "T" Room

This postcard view shows the "T" Room set up as a tea and refreshment room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Alton Towers, Small Dining Room

This postcard view shows the Small Dining Room set up as a tea and refreshment room. The picture was taken by Gerald McCann, photographer in Uttoxeter. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, ...

Bank Passage, Stafford,

View of Bank Passage from Salter Street, towards the Market Square (through the arch). The sign on the right is for the Popular Cafe.

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

This postcard view shows the Banquet Hall set up as a Tea / Refreshment Room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

This postcard view shows the Banquet Hall set up as a Tea / Refreshment Room around 1927. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Banquet Hall, Alton Towers

A postcard view (looking north-east) of the Banquet Hall taken around 1927 when it was in use as a refreshment room. Over the years this room was also known as the Great Dining Room and the Dining Room. ...

Bayley's caterers and confectioners, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Founded by 1893 by Alexander Bayley, by 1911 Joseph Bayley, Jr ran a caterers and confectioners shop and café at 7 Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme. They had a second shop at 30, High Street. Bayley's ...

Beeston's Vaults, Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Beeston's Vaults still stood in 2002 when it was known as the Wine Vaults. The building dates to before 1700 and has a timber framed structure. The pub was run by the Beeston family from the 1860s to ...

Betty Cooper's Cafe, Stafford,

Betty Cooper's Cafe at 75a Eastgate Street. During the 1970s this Café was a favourite stop for bus crews nipping in for a quick cuppa en route. The building later became part of the Shrewsbury ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

A postcard view taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. On the extreme right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is a fine example of a Tudor timber-framed building. During the Civil War it was ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is ...

Boyce Adams shop, Piccadilly, Hanley

Boyce Adams' grocers shop at 32 Piccadilly dates from 1877. In 1962 the company had eleven other shop in the Potteries, with branches as far afield as Alsager and Congleton. The top floor was a café ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

The Picture House, opened as a cinema in 1914 and closed in 1995. It was converted into a Wetherspoon's pub and restaurant. To the left of the Picture House can be seen the 'Boppin' Dolphin' Fish and ...

British Reinforced Concrete Canteen, Stafford,

Workmen in the canteen at British Reinforced Concrete. On the right is Jack Hodgkinson, a spot welder and First Aid worker. Jack was called up during the war and posted to 16 MU in Stafford. He returned ...

Broad Eye, Stafford

View from Broad Eye towards Chell Road, showing the Essence of the Orient Chinese restaurant on the left and the Lamb Inn in the centre. In the distance, the spire of the United Methodist Church can be ...

Brook Square, Rugeley

A postcard view of Brook Square looking towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. In later years the buildings on the left of the lorry were demolished and redeveloped and the area became pedestrianised. ...

Brook Square, Rugeley

This view from Upper Brook Street looks across Brook Square towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. In later years several of the buildings on the left were demolished and redeveloped and the area became ...