Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 14 247 Records Found

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

The horn dance is an annual event which takes place on the first Monday after the first Sunday after the 4th of September. The tradition is believed to date back to 1226 when it was part of a three day ...

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

Aerial view of Perton

An aerial view of Perton, looking north west along Parkway. House building is well underway and the houses built by Gallifords around Marston Drive and those built by Midland and General in Mercia Drive ...

Aldergate Methodist Chapel, Tamworth

This chapel in Aldergate was built to replace a previous chapel, which was demolished during the construction of Corporation Street. The pictured chapel was built in 1886 and its Gothic facade can be ...

Alrewas Methodist Church

The Methodist Church on Post Office Road, Alrewas. This was originally a Weslyan Chapel

Amateur dramatics, Perton

The production of 'From Pharaoh to Freedom' performed by the congregation and choir of the Church at Perton in 1978.

Archford Moor Mission Hut, Alstonefield

The Archford Moor Mission Hut was opened on 30 August 1901. This photograph was probably taken after its refurbishment in 1937. It has since fallen into disrepair.

Assembly Hall, Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on trent

The photograph was taken on the corner of London Road and Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on Trent. In 1912 a group of unsectarian Christians set up an Assembly Hall in Welch Street in Stoke upon Trent, and ...

Baptist Church, London Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This is a view of a tranquill London road, with hardly any traffic, leaving pedestrians to cross the road easily and safely. The building on the right hand side is that of the Baptist Church. This church ...

Baptist Church, London Road/Vessey Terrace, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This iron church was opened in 1871 on what was then a very quiet London Road. Membership gradually rose and in 1914 the foundation stone was laid for a new chapel, which still stood on the corner of ...

Baptist Church, Stafford

The Baptist Chapel on The Green opened in 1896. The unusual spire was designed by Birmingham architect Ewen Harper. To the right of the chapel is Lockett's mineral-water factory. In the 1970s the road ...

Baptist Church, Stafford,

The Baptist Chapel on The Green opened in 1896. The unusual spire was designed by Birmingham architect Ewen Harper. To the right of the chapel is Lockett's mineral-water factory. In the 1970s the ...

Barlaston Methodist Chapel

Barlaston Methodist Chapel stands on Park Drive and was built in 1935.

Belgrave Road Congregational Chapel, Dresden

A new chapel was erected in Belgrave Road in 1885, replaced by the building in this photograph in 1906. The membership was 25 in 1957 and the chapel then seated 450. It has since been demolished.

Berkswich Methodist Church, Walton-on-the-Hill

Berkswich Methodist Church stands on The Rise, Walton-on-the-Hill, and was built in 1960.

Berkswich Methodist Church, Walton-on-the-Hill,

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...