Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 7 113 Records Found

Alfred Ernest Haywood, St Mary's Place, Stafford

Alfred Ernest Haywood, Stafford's Chief Fire Officer, pictured with his dog 'Old Don' in the back yard at his home, 6 St. Mary's Place, Stafford, which has since been demolished to make space for the ...

All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

ANZAC Soldiers at Ingestre Hall,

Five soldiers from the New Zealand Rifle Brigade, and a dog, standing in the main entrance of Ingestre Hall. The brigade was one of the last regiments to leave Brocton Camp at the end of the First World ...

Blacksmith at work, Woodseaves area

A blacksmith filing the hoof of a horse outside his smithy. If you recognise the location or the people in this photograph, please let us know. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Blue Cross Charity Shop, Gaolgate Street, Stafford

View of a charity shop run by the Blue Cross, a charitable organization focused on animal welfare and the re-homing of unwanted pets. On display in the window can be seen some of the secondhand clothes ...

British Alsatian Association, Stafford

The Stafford Branch of British Alsatian Association pictured at a Sunday afternoon training session with their dogs at Stafford Rugby Club. The Branch Secretary at the time was Mr D. Jones. Reproduced ...

Brocton Lodge, Shugborough Park,

Brocton Lodge was situated in Shugborough Park close to the Stafford to Lichfield road, near to White Barn Farm. The publisher has mistakenly titled this postcard 'Shugborough Lodge'. The building ...

Brocton Village,

Brocton village looking towards Chase Road from The Green.

Bullmastiff puppies, Uttoxeter

These Bullmastiff puppies belonged to W.H. 'Bill' Farmer whose butcher's shop stood on High Street, Uttoxeter. Bullmastiffs are a large working dog, often associated with gamekeepers. The breed was ...

Butcher's Shop, Stafford,

This butcher's shop was located on the corner of White Lion Street and Lichfield Road. Next to the shop can be seen the eighteenth century lock-up, used originally to detain local drunks and vagrants. ...

Castle Church, Stafford, (1)

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Charity Event, Stafford

Photograph from the Bertam Sinkinson collection shows an undefined man standing with a large dog hitched to a cart with a Union Jack draped over its body, possibly for the Stafford Infirmary Pageant. ...

Charles Brown, Swann Inn, Stone

Charles Brown (left) pictured with springer spaniels and an unknown man in the yard of the Swan Inn, Stone, where he was landlord.

Chauffeur and passengers, Stafford

A motor car with three women passengers dressed in typical Edwardian motoring outfits and a chauffeur to the left. We have not been able to identify the people or the location but it was taken in or ...

Christ Church and the Rev. E. Fennie, Hilderstone,

Photograph taken from a calendar. Every year the Rev. Fennie (Vicar of Hilderstone 1950 - 1959) sent members of his parish a calendar featuring a photograph of himself. He joked that if they did not ...

Cocker spaniel bitch 'Migrant Melody'

Prize winnning cocker spaniel standing with her trophies.

Cottage at Bromstead, near Gnosall

This cottage is believed to be Bishop's Cottage at Bromstead, near Gnosall. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Cresswell Railway Station Staff

Thomas Holmes (station porter) is second from the left on the back row. At the time this photograph was taken the Cheadle line had just recently opened and all the goods and parcels were being handled ...