Theme Explorer

Page 9 of 11 186 Records Found

Stychfields Hall, Stafford

This photograph of the Stychfields Hall site was taken in 1967. The buildings were completed around 1960 for the English Electric Company at Stafford to provide large scale catering facilities and for ...

T Room, Alton Towers

A postcard view of the Long Gallery or ”T” Room looking south to the Drawing Room and House Conservatory when it was used as a refreshment room. Following the 1924 sale many of the state rooms including ...

Telephone Exchange, Hanley

The old telephone exchange building stands on the corner of Trinity Street and Marsh Street North in Hanley. The four storey brick building was opened in 1900 but has been replaced by the large telecommuncations ...

Temperance Hotel and Refreshment Rooms, Alton

Temperance Refreshment Rooms, Alton

A postcard view of the Temperance Refreshment Rooms, Station Road, Alton. The premises became known as the Ideal Café and later as the Alton Bridge Hotel. On the left is a glimpse of the Talbot ...

The Broadway Cafe, Penkridge

This photograph of the Broadway Café on the A449 Wolverhampton Road in Penkridge was taken by Tony Boydon. By 2015 the Café premises were occupied by Village Pizza with a fish and chip shop ...

The Coffee House, Milford

The Dodd family pictured outside the Old Dame Coffee House on Main Road, Milford. Mrs Betty Dean ran a Dame School in this building, financed by Colonel and Mrs Levett, until she died in April 1879. ...

The Darlaston Café, Meaford, near Stone

A postcard view of the Darlaston Café which stood on the eastern side of the A34 Stoke-on-Trent to Stone Road, close to the Darlaston Inn. It was one of a number of road-side cafés and petrol ...

The Darlaston Café, Meaford, near Stone

A postcard view of the Darlaston Café which stood on the eastern side of the A34 Stoke-on-Trent to Stone Road, close to the Darlaston Inn. It was one of a number of road-side cafés and petrol ...

The Green Bus Co., Rugeley

The Green Bus and Co. offices and cafe in Taylors Lane Rugeley. The Bus is a AEC Regent built in 1930. It was bought by the Green Bus Co. in November 1939 from Nottingham City Transport and finally scrapped ...

The Hand and Cleaver Inn, Ranton

A multi-view postcard advertising the former Hand and Cleaver Inn at Ranton. On the reverse there is a map with directions to the Inn. At the time this postcard was published the proprietors were Mr and ...

The Home Hut, Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

These were recreational huts possibly using one of the standard sized spare huts on an available Battalion Line. They were staffed by volunteers and allowed soldiers a relaxing area in which to read a ...

The Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Taken in 1920 this photograph shows the Ironmarket in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The busy street is awash with transport, from the old fashioned handcart on the right of the picture to the cars parked by the ...

The Lowlands, Brewood

A postcard view advertising 'apartments, teas provided and parties catered for' by John Perry of The Lowlands, Brewood. This postcard was franked in Brewood on 27 September 1908 and sent to an address ...

The Old Farmhouse Restaurant, Armitage, Nr. Rugeley

The Old Farmhouse Restaurant was originally a 17th century timber framed building which opened as a restaurant in 1962. From the 1960s to the 1980s it was thought by many to be one of Staffordshire’s ...

The Rock House Tea Rooms, Milford

Albert and Florence May Barker purchased Rock House in around 1947. It was already an established tea room. Albert and May ran the tea room until it was sold to Gordon Boston in 1954. During this time ...

The Soup Kitchen, Church Lane, Stafford

On the left is the Soup Kitchen on Church Lane, Stafford. Advertised as the 16th century Soup Kitchen, Coffee and Eating House, it has been owned by the Sandy family for over 30 years and currently (2025) ...

The Square, Alton

View of the lower village with the Ideal Cafe on the right and the Talbot Inn to the left. The Inn was first recorded in 1827 in the parish register, when it belonged to Thomas Weston and his wife Ann. ...