Theme Explorer

Page 65 of 109 1962 Records Found

Pipewood Camp School, Blithbury

Evacuee girls painting a mural inside one of the buildings at Pipewood School, a photograph taken by Miss Evans-Rose, headmistress. Pipewood Camp School, at Blithbury, near Rugeley was opened in May1940 ...

Pipewood Camp School, Blithbury

The school nurse attending to a sprained wrist at Pipewood School, a photograph taken by Miss Evans-Rose, headmistress. Pipewood Camp School, at Blithbury, near Rugeley was opened in May1940 for evacuee ...

Pipewood Camp School, Blithbury

Evacuee girls and bunk beds in a dormitory at Pipewood School, a photograph taken by Miss Evans-Rose, headmistress. Pipewood Camp School, at Blithbury, near Rugeley was opened in May1940 for evacuee ...

Pirate Float, Stafford Pageant,

Clive Holt in fancy dress. The photograph was taken at the rear of a house on Harrowby Street, Littleworth. The annual procession through Stafford ended with a fair on the town common. A prize was ...

Plant's Hole outcrop pit, Lightwood, Cheadle

This outcrop pit is 'Plant's Hole', at Lightwood, Cheadle. During the General Strike outcrop pits (about 4 feet square) were dug for coal getting. From left to right: Arthur Plant, Jack Alcock, Albert ...

Plate

Plate by Elsie Dale, a student at Burslem School of Art, 1931.

Plate from Cheddleton National Schools

A ceramic plate bearing an emblem and the inscription 'Cheddleton National Schools'.

Play area on Lovatt Street, Stafford,

Play area, Sandyford Street, Stafford

Children playing on swings, a see-saw and a rocking horse at the newly opened play area in Sandyford Street, Stafford. Looking on are Councillor John Archer (Chairman of the Recreation Committee), Councillor ...

Play at Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become ...

Play at Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become ...

Playground of Pension School, St. Dominic's Convent, Stone

The convent, church and Priory School of St. Dominic's were founded in the mid 19th century by Mother Margaret Halahan of the Dominican Order. The school buildings, including the cloisters pictured here, ...

Playground, Holmcroft Primary School, Stafford,

Playground, Standon Boys' Farm Home

Boys in the playground at Standon Boys' Farm Home, including groups who are playing dice games. The home in Weston Lane, Standon Bridge, near Eccleshall was founded by the Waifs and Strays Society ...

Pole vaulting, Eccleshall Secondary Modern School

Jim Robinson pole vaulting at Eccleshall Secondary Modern School. The vault height was 7 feet 9 inches.

Police Christmas Party at School Street School, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Police Station, Stone,

The first Police Station in Stone was on Newcastle Street. In 1881 a new station was established on Radford Street and remains little changed to this day.

Pony and Trap, Eccleshall Festival,

The first Eccleshall Festival was held in 1979. The festival takes place every two years.