Theme Explorer

Page 58 of 109 1962 Records Found

National Schools, Eccleshall

Situated near the junction of Kerry Lane, the school was built in 1862 to designs by architect A.G. Street. The school closed in 1928 and was used as a social club, and for a short time after the World ...

National Schools, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the National Schools on Market Square (also known as School Square). Built in 1818 by Joseph Potter and paid for by Lord Hatherton, it was enlarged in 1889 in memory of Edward ...

National Schools, Penkridge

The title on this postcard has mis-spelled Penkridge as 'Pinkridge. It shows the National Schools on Market Square (also known as School Square). Built in 1818 by Joseph Potter and paid for by Lord Hatherton, ...

National Schools, Penkridge

The National School on Market Square (also known as School Square). Built in 1818 by Joseph potter and paid for by Lord Hatherton, it was enlarged in 1889 in memory of Edward Richard Littleton, 2nd Baron ...

Nativity Play, Calton School

A nativity play at Calton School in the early 1960s. Building work began on the village school in 1875, but it was not until 20 June 1881 that the first batch of sixteen children aged between 3 and ...

Nativity play, Marchington Woodlands School

Children taking part in Marchington Woodlands School's Nativity play. The headmistress at the time was Mrs Briggs. The school closed in 1981. 9 seated at the front, left to right - Rose Alcock, Gillian ...

Nativity play, Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become ...

Nativity play, Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become ...

Nativity play, Walhouse School, Cannock

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become ...

Needlework class, Knightley School

Needlework class students, showing samplers and sewing projects. Knightley School was built in 1874 and enlarged in 1894. In 1912 it had places for 125 children.

Needlework sampler

Traditional alpabetised Sampler from the Staffordshire County Collection. Wool threads on a wool backing, green and red alaphabet and numbers. Towards the end of the century, samplers taught not only ...

Needlework sampler by Hannah Thacker

Rectangular sampler worked entirely in cross stitch on a cream wollen ground. . Stylised floral border on three sides and other motifs: bird, flowers, basket of fruit, vase of flowers, swan. Embroidered ...

Needwood Church Schools

Postcard view of the Church Schools at Needwood. The building stands opposite Christ Church on the A515 Sudbury Road at Needwood.

Neighbour's Day, Mixon Hay, Onecote

Sir George Stapledon addressing a crowd a 'Neighbour's Day' at Mixon Hay, Onecote. Local landowners and farmers were invited to this event, organised by Staffordshire War Agricultural Executive Committee, ...

Netball team, Eccleshall Secondary Modern School

Back row, left to right: Rita Wild, Merril Sylvester, Jean Goodfellow, Maureen Skerratt, Pat Challinor, Marion Burley, Georgina Johnson. Front row: Vera Wynn, Hazel Williams, ... Jackson, Janet Harvey, ...

New buildings, Stafford College

New buildings nearing completion at Stafford College on Earl Street. Designed by Ellis Williams Architects, the new buildings on Earl Street and Broad Street include a sports hall and an auditorium and ...

New buildings, Stafford College

Newly constructed buildings at Stafford College. Designed by Ellis Williams Architects, the new buildings on Earl Street and Broad Street include a sports hall and an auditorium and were constructed ...

New Free Library, Stafford

The former Borough library of Stafford, originally known as the ‘New Free Library’, was designed by the Liverpool architects Briggs, Wolstenholme and Thornely in 1912 and extended in 1962 by the Borough ...