The Crown and Anchor Darts Team, Stone
Pictured are the Crown and Anchor Darts Team who were in Section ‘A’ of the Stone and District Darts League.
Front row left to right: F Cann, D Parton, L Pickering (Captain), N Butters, J Hammersley. ...
The Crown and Anchor, Stone
The thatched Crown and Anchor public house was built in 1675, but was severely damaged by fire in 1937. It was rebuilt in time to celebrate George VI's coronation the following year.
The Crown Club, Abbots Bromley
The description on the front of this postcard view is: ‘Crown Club 1914’. The picture was taken on Crown Bank, Market Place, Abbots Bromley.
On the left are cottages and in the centre behind the motor ...
The Crown Club, Abbots Bromley
This postcard view was published in 1913 with the picture taken at a wonky angle. The description on the front of the postcard is: ‘Crown Club 1913 Dinnertime’.
This scene was captured on Crown Bank, ...
The Crown Hotel, Codsall
The Crown Hotel was situated at The Square, Codsall. In 1900 the proprietor was Thomas Malpas, who was also a butcher and a farmer.
The Crown Hotel, Penkridge
This postcard view shows the former Crown Hotel also known as the Crown Inn at Stone Cross, Penkridge. The Crown was an Eley’s, Stafford Brewery Ltd. inn. It stood near to the junction with Pinfold Lane ...
The Crown Hotel, Stone
An aquatint print of the Crown hotel, Stone, with figures and a horse and trap in the foreground. Thopmas Styles was the landlord at the time of this picture.
The Crown Hotel on High Street was damaged ...
The Crown Inn, Cannock
The Crown Inn was an early 18th century coaching inn which stood in the Market Place, Cannock. It was demolished in 1962. On the left, there is a part view of the Market Hall which was demolished in 1975....
The Crown Inn, High Street, Pattingham
The Crown, Aston-by-Stone
The Crown public house on the A34 between Stone and Stafford. The Crown closed in 2007 having become somewhat isolated from its parent village by the busy dual carriageway of the A34. The building still ...
The Dalehall, 125 Newcastle Street, Longport
This public house was constructed between 1844 and 1851. It is a two storey building, two rooms wide by two rooms deep. There is an internal porch at the rear of the building and a coalhouse and privvy ...
The Delph, Swadlincote, Derbyshire
In the centre of this busy scene at the Delph Market Square junction with High Street and Midland Road, there is a Burton and Ashby Tramcar. All of the buildings in the background remain (2024) although ...
The Dog and Partridge, 164 New Street, Burton-on-Trent
View of New Street businesses including Harlows, Decorwall and Elite. These buildings no longer exist.
The Dog and Partridge, Lower Tean
The Dog and Partridge, Uttoxeter Road, Lower Tean.
Postcard courtesy Mrs Ivy Shore (nee Farmer) of Tean and Somerset.
The Dog and Partridge, Lower Tean
The Dog and Partridge, Uttoxeter Road, Lower Tean. Bunting's Brewery was in Uttoxeter. A postcard view published by A. Nye.
Postcard courtesy Mrs Ivy Shore (nee Farmer) of Tean and Somerset.
The Falcon Inn, Chester
Watercolour painting by Great Haywood born sculptor and artist Samuel Peploe Wood (1827-1873). It shows the Falcon Inn in Chester, little changed today.
The Fleetstones Bridge, Burton-on-Trent
View from the Meadow end of the bridge, showing the bridge and buildings in the town. In the centre a Bindey and a Bass pub stand next to each other (The Punch Bowl and the New Punch Bowl), with a chapel ...
The Foaming Jug Public House, Oaken
This Inn is on the Holyhead Road (A41) at its junction with Strawmoor Lane. Most of the land in this locality was owned by landowners (including the Wrottesley Estate) each owning quite a number of fields. ...