Theme Explorer

Page 56 of 109 1962 Records Found

Miss Sanders’ retirement, Ashley Heath

One of Swynnerton’s best loved characters, Miss A Sanders (back row centre holding a bouquet), Headmistress of the County Primary School, left the small village school for the last time in July. If you ...

Miss Walker, Headmistress, Walhouse Girls School, Cannock

Minnie Walker was hedmistress at Walhouse Girls School from 1913 to 1945. She succeeded her mother, Margaret who was Headmistress between 1878 and 1913. Her father, Napier Henry 'Nappy' Walker was Headmaster ...

Misses Partrige's School, Alstonefield

The Misses Partrige (sic) ran a fee paying scool at West View, The Raikes, Alstonefield in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It was a day or boarding school. Amongst this group of pupils pictured ...

Misses Partrige's School, Alstonefield

The Misses Partrige (sic) ran a fee paying scool at West View, The Raikes, Alstonefield in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Here, the children are seen playing at the rear of West View.

Mobile Library, Victoria Square, Stafford

Staffordshire Education Committee Mobile Library van, registration TRF394, outside the Education Offices on the corner of Victoria Square and Earl Street, Stafford. This photograph may have been taken ...

Moddershall village, near Stone

A postcard view of Moddershall village. In the distance there is a part view of the School and on the right the Post Office. Also on the right note the water-pump. Several of these buildings remain (September ...

Moddershall village, Stone

Looking south along the village's main street, with the school on the left. A postcard view published by A.W. Tilley, Stationers and newsagents, 7 Radford Street, Stone.

Molecatcher at work, Barton-under-Needwood

Children watching Mr Woodburn at work. Mr Woodburn worked as a molecatcher and lived at Barton Gate, near Barton-under-Needwood. He is taking a barrel trap containing a mole out of ground. School ...

Molecatcher, Barton-under-Needwood

Mr Woodburn, molecatcher of Barton Gate, near Barton-under-Needwood, explaining his work to school children with skinned moles on a barbed wire fence.

Monkhouse School, Cheadle

Monkhouse School on Prince George Street was the original Cheadle Grammar School built in 1685. Part of the building dates from the 17th century. The school closed in 1917. Part of the building is ...

Monument to the Duke of Sutherland, Trentham Park

The monument was erected in 1836 in honour of the 1st Duke of Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, at Trentham Gardens. The monument was designed by Charles Winks and the figure was sculpted under ...

Monument to the Duke of Sutherland, Trentham Park

The monument was erected in 1836 in honour of the 1st Duke of Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, at Trentham Gardens. The monument was designed by Charles Winks and the figure was sculpted under ...

Moorland High and Middle School, Moorland Road, Burslem

This large school complex was constructed between 1900 and 1924 and consists of the main administration block and a large classroom block. The administrative block is a two storey building, three rooms ...

Moorland Road High School (Park Annexe), Park Estate, Burslem

Moorland Road High School consists of two buildings constructed between 1878 and 1900. This picture shows the front west side of the first building. It is mainly one storey with some first floor projections ...

Motorcycles outside Rugeley Grammar School

Gerald McCann (second from left) and friends on their motorcycles, pictured outside Rugeley Grammar School, on the corner of Wolseley Road and Station Road, Rugeley. The motorcycle makers are Levis, ...

Motorcycles outside Rugeley Grammar School

Motorcyclists pictured outside Rugeley Grammar School, on the corner of Wolseley Road and Station Road, Rugeley. The motorcycle makers are Levis, Harley-Davidson, triumph and Zenith. Photographer: ...

Mount Pleasant Church of England School, Smithpool Road, Fenton

Mount Pleasant Junior and Infants' School was on the corner of Smithpool Road and Whieldon Road. Originally opened as a branch of St peter's Church of England School in 1858, these building date from ...

Mowing, Hixon,

Horse-drawn mower in the field next to St. Peter's Church.