Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 55 of 112 2000 Records Found

Eccleshall - Cotes Heath Chapel: sepia wash drawing

South view showing a building of two bays with a south porch and a west bell-gable. The style is Gothic with square-headed windows.'T. P. Wood.'

Eccleshall - Tomb of Bishop Sampson: pen and wash drawing

Showing the tomb of Bishop Sampson (d. 1553) 'on the North Side of the Chancell in Alablaster,' with an incised slab on the top. There are coats of arms on the side, showing a cross flory between four ...

Eccleshall Boy Scouts

Eccleshall Boy Scouts band pictured outside their headquarters, a former chapel on Newport Road, now a private residence, in about 1915-1920.

Eccleshall Church

Watercolour painting by John Louis Petit (1801-1868). Holy Trinity Church dates from the twelfth century. The chancel was replaced in the thirteenth century, and in the fifteenth century the tower ...

Eccleshall Church - Tomb of Bishop Bentham: pencil drawing

Tomb of Bishop Bentham who died 19th February 1578.Showing on the side a bearded man praying, behind whom are a wife and four children (one dead). On the top is an incised effigy. One shield of arms ...

Eccleshall Church - Tomb of Bishop William Overton: sepia drawing

Showing the tomb of Bishop William Overton, with effigies of his two wives, dated 1603, 'on the North side of the Chancell, of Alablaster.' [Married (1) Margeret Barlow; (2) Mary Bradstock.] In 1603 ...

Eccleshall Church Fete

The opening of Eccleshall Church Fete on a rainy day at the Old Vicarage, Eccleshall. From left to right, Rev S. Tetley (Vicar of Eccleshall), Mrs Fountain-Page, Rev Preb M. Fountain-Page, Mrs Tetley. ...

Eccleshall Church: engraving

South west view across the churchyard, showing the three bays of the chancel that are Early English. Also showing a tower of four stages with a blocked in south door. (An extra plate for `The History ...

Eccleshall Church: lithograph

South view showing a tower of four stages, a clerestory of five lights, the south aisle and the Early English chancel (restored). Also shows a blocked south doorway in the tower. Inscribed 'Eccleshall ...

Eccleshall Church: pencil drawing

South east view (from the way leading to the churchyard), showing a tower of four stages, a clerestory of five lights, and the earlier form of the two chancel windows. Also showing a small building in ...

Eccleshall Church: sepia drawing

'South West View of Eccleshall Church, Staffordshire.' Showing the tower of four stages, with a blocked south doorway, and the chancel with three lights. Also showing the depth of the south porch. ...

Eccleshall Church: sepia drawing

'West View of Eccleshall Church, Staffordshire,' across the churchyard. Showing the tower of four stages, which has heavy buttresses and shows various styles. Also shows how the south porch includes ...

Eccleshall Church: sepia drawing

'South East View of Eccleshall Church, Staffordshire.' Showing the chancel with Early English windows. There is a five light, east window to the aisle.'J. Buckler.'

Eccleshall Church: sepia drawing

'South West View of Eccleshall Church, Staffordshire,' taken from the road (with a pond in the foreground). Showing the new Early English chancel of five bays. Artist: J. Buckler.

Eccleshall Church: water colour painting

South west view across the churchyard, showing the three bays of the chancel that are Early English. Also showing a tower of four stages with a blocked in south door. Anonymous, [S. Shaw.]

Eccleshall Company of Church Lads' Brigade,

The Church Lads' Brigade with their instruments outside Holy Trinity Church.

Eccleshall Methodist Chapel

This chapel stands on Stone Road, Eccleshall. The foundation stone was laid on 21 September 1871 by Mrs Broadhurst, wife of a local tanner, and was constructed by local builder Charles Barratt. The total ...

Eccleshall Road Cemetery, Stafford

A four acre cemetery was opened on Eccleshall Road in Stafford in 1856. Over the years it has been extended several times and had reached 20 acres by 1940. The cemetery was designed with two chapels, ...