Theme Explorer

Page 54 of 77 1386 Records Found

The Alma Inn, Normacot

Taken from the top of York Street, later Ebor Street. The dog is standing by the Tam 'o Shanter Inn.

The American Hotel, 144 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The American Hotel (originally The Waterloo and American Hotel) pictured on Waterloo Road. It was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The building is rectangular in plan with a turret projection. It is ...

The American Hotel, 144 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The American Hotel (originally The Waterloo and American Hotel) pictured on Waterloo Road. It was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The building is rectangular in plan with a turret projection. It is ...

The Angel Hotel, Brewood

The corner of the Angel Hotel was demolished in 1935, the remainder of the building being turned in to the Jubilee Hall.

The Avenue, Wetley Rocks

A view looking north along Cheadle Road, Wetley Rocks. The avenue of trees no longer exists. Photographed by William Blake.

The Avenue, Wetley Rocks

A view looking north along Cheadle Road, Wetley Rocks. The avenue of trees no longer exists. Photographed by William Blake.

The Avenue, Wetley Rocks

A view taken at The Avenue, looking north along Cheadle Road, Wetley Rocks. The avenue of trees no longer exists. Photographed by William Blake.

The Bank House Inn, Hixon

The Bank House was built on Legge Lane as a small thatched cottage around1680, but was added to over the years. In the mid-nineteenth century the Bank House brewed its own beer, and the malt cellar still ...

The Bear Inn, Stafford

The seventeenth century Bear Inn on Greengate Street was built on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of the old building was used in the structure of the present. In the eighteenth ...

The Beehive Inn, Eccleshall

A group of men standing outside the Beehive Inn, Castle Street, Eccleshall. The man standing in the doorway is probably the landlord, Robert Thomas Morris. In 1978 the Beehive was refurbished and ...

The Bell Hotel, Eccleshall

The Bell Inn was established as a coaching inn in the 18th century and is situated on the north side of the High Street, Eccleshall. At the time of this photograph it was owned by Butler's Brewery.

The Bell Inn, Stretton

The Bell Inn stands on Watling Street (now the A5).

The Biddulph Arms Hotel, Biddulph

In about 1874 Robert Heath, the owner of Biddulph Grange commissioned some alterations to the road which ran in front of his home resulting in the current Grange Road. When some ground had to be filled ...

The Black Horse Inn, Cheadle

The Black Horse Inn stands on Tape Street.

The Black Lion, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The Black mLion Inn stands at the junction of London Road and Newcastle Road (where it becomes Stone Road). On the beam over the window in the left hand gable is the inscription "B Co Ltd" and "AD1899". ...

The Black Swan Inn, Uttoxeter

The Black Swan stands on Market Street in Uttoxeter.

The Bleak Inn, Cobridge

The Bleak Inn on Bleak Street, Cobridge. The sign over the door identifies the pub landlord as Jacob Hambleton. Bleak Street is now known as Orgreave Street and the Inn, along with the other buildings ...

The Boar Inn, Moddershall

The building advertising 'Joules Stone Ales' is the Boar Inn. To its right is a yew tree, once cut into the shape of a boar's head. To the right is Moddershall (or Boar) Mill, used for grinding bone, ...