Theme Explorer

Page 52 of 60 1071 Records Found

The Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Taken in 1920 this photograph shows the Ironmarket in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The busy street is awash with transport, from the old fashioned handcart on the right of the picture to the cars parked by the ...

The Kings Arms, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

A postcard view of the King's Arms which was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan timber framed facade covers the original Elizabethan structure. On the extreme right is Perry’s butchers ...

The Lamb Inn, Broad Eye, Stafford

The Lamb Inn was established 1821. It was described as 'old-established' in 1850. This photograph shows its 2023 refurbishment. On the left, the buses are on Chell Road.

The Lamb Inn, Stafford,

The Lamb Inn on Broad Eye. Behind the inn can be seen the gasometer of the Chell Road gas works. On the left can just be seen St. Bertelin's Chapel, which was built to replace St. Augustine's and ...

The last salute to the Staffords in Lichfield

Following a nine-month tour of duty in Afghanistan, members of the 3rd Battalion, The Mercian Regiment (3Mercian), formerly the Staffords, are pictured outside Lichfield Cathedral. The Regiment will ...

The Laurels, Mill Street, Cannock

Now demolished. Dr Hutchinson lived there in 1940s. The car in the foreground is a Wolseley 1500 Mk III which was newly registered in 1963.

The Lichfield Brewery, Upper St John Street, Lichfield

On the right of the entrance gates, the head office of the former Lichfield Brewery Co. Ltd., dates from around 1876–1877. It was designed by George Scammel, a consulting engineer and architect who had ...

The Lodge, Rowley Avenue, Stafford

The Lodge was also known as White Lodge, 22, Rowley Avenue, Rowley Park, Stafford. At the time of this photograph The lodge was described in an Estate Agents sale brochure as a five-roomed bungalow. ...

The Lynton Tavern, Baswich, Stafford

The Lynton Tavern pictured during demolition in April 2015. The pub opened in the early 1960s as the Crossbow and became the Lynton Tavern in 1988. The building was sold in 2009 to be converted into ...

The Main Road, Brereton, Rugeley

A postcard view of a quiet scene on the Main Road in Brereton. In later years the road was widened and the cottages on the left demolished. The School building between the cottages and St. Michael’s ...

The Malt and Hops, Stafford

This view looking south along White Lion Street to Lichfield Road in Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The building on the right at the time of this photograph was known as ...

The Market Cross, Cheadle

A postcard view of Cheadle's Market Cross with a decorative lantern on top of the capping stone. The Market Cross stands on the High Street at the junction with Cross Street. It consists of an octagonal ...

The Mayor’s Sunday Parade and RAF Stafford

During the Mayor’s Sunday Parade RAF Stafford service personnel are pictured marching along Greengate Street towards the Market Square. On the platform on the right taking the salute is the Mayor of ...

The Mill and Canal Wharf, Great Haywood,

View of the mill and canal wharf from the towpath of the Trent and Mersey Canal; the bridge marks junction of the canal with the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal. Far left is the corn mill, powered ...

The 'New' Police Station, Anson Street, Rugeley

The Police Station is described as 'new' on this postcard. It was built on Anson Street in 1907 on the Mutton Green area. In front, protected by railings, is a young oak tree planted to commemorate the ...

The Octagon Centre, Burton upon Trent

An exterior view of the New Street entrance to the Octagon Centre, a shopping mall constructed in the mid 1980s on a former brewery site.

The old smithy, Coppenhall

This postcard view shows a house on the left and the smithy in the centre background. Between the house and smithy there is a road traffic sign advising road users of a school nearby, which is further ...

The Picture House, Willenhall

The view is taken from Wolverhampton street. The banner on the front of the Picture House advertises 'Patria'. This was a fifteen-part serial film released in 1917, funded by William Randolph Hearst ...