Stretton Garage and Cafe
Stretton Garage and Café on Watling Street (the A5), near Brewood. The garage was run by Joseph Gamson from 1915 until his death in 1951. Beyond can be seen the Bell Inn with its sign for Ansell's ...
Sun Street, Shelton
Looking west along Sun Street from close to the old entrance to Hanley Greyhound Stadium. Clyde Street runs off to the left. On the right, on the corner of Mount Pleasant, is the Shoulder of Mutton public ...
Sunday School, Dimsdale Street, Burslem
This single storey building was constructed between 1878 and 1900. The front is south facing and has a modern flat roof and two modern windows. The west side has a modern structure adjoining and the east ...
Sunset, Lichfield Road, Stafford
This view taken at sunset looks north-west along Lichfield Road towards the junction with Bridge Street and Newport Road, Stafford.
On the left is the Borough Library, in the centre the Grapes public ...
Sutherland Arms, 207-209 London Road, Stoke
The Sutherland Arms public house was constructed between 1848 and 1878. There are adjoining extensions dating from between 1878 and 1900. The sign for Boughey Street can be seen on the side of the building. ...
Swan Hotel and Ancient High House, Stafford
Greengate Street looking towards the Market Square. The timber framed building on the right is the Ancient High House, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. In 1826 the building was bought by John Marson, ...
Swan Hotel Dining Room, Stafford
Situated in Greengate, the Swan Hotel was originally built as two private town houses in the seventeenth century, joined by a central archway. The buildings were converted into a coaching inn in 1752 ...
Swan Hotel, Brewood
The Swan Hotel stands in the Market Place, close to the junction with Newport Street. Speedwell Castle can be seen to the right.
Swan Hotel, Greengate Street, Stafford
Situated in Greengate, the Swan Hotel was originally built as two private town houses in the seventeenth century, joined by a central archway. The buildings were converted into a coaching inn in 1752 ...
Swan Hotel, Stafford,
Situated in Greengate, the Swan Hotel was originally built as two private town houses in the seventeenth century, joined by a central archway. The buildings were converted into a coaching inn in 1752 ...
Swan Hotel, Stafford,
Situated in Greengate, the Swan Hotel was originally built as two private town houses in the seventeenth century, joined by a central archway. The buildings were converted into a coaching inn in 1752 ...
Swan Inn, High Street, Goldenhill
King George V and Queen Mary visited North Staffordshire on the 22nd and 23rd April 1913. Here the Swan Inn can be seen decorated for their visit, with crowds standing outside waiting to catch a glimpse ...
Swan Square, Burslem
The Lloyds Bank building stood on the north side of Swan Square. The building still stands but has changed use. The date tablet above the main entrance (1765) is the date of the foundation of Lloyds Bank. ...
Swan Square, Burslem
The west side of Swan Square in Burslem. To the left is Queen Street, with The Wedgwood Institute on the right hand side. On the corner is the Art Deco style Burslem & District Co-operative Society Emporium, ...
Swynnerton Arms, Rough Close
The Swynnerton Arms public house at Rough Close. The road to the left is Lightwood Road, leading towards Lightwood and Longton, that to the right is Windmill Hill and leads to Meir Heath.
Talbot and Smithfield Hotel, Stafford,
The Talbot and Smithfield on Victoria Square was owned by Lichfield Brewery Co. The building was later used as council offices.
The clock was made by Pear of Stafford.
Talbot Hotel, 117 Church Street, Stoke
The Talbot Hotel is situated on the corner where Trade Street meets Church Street. The street sign for Trade Street can be seen on the side of the building. It is uncertain exactly when this building ...
Talbot Hotel, Stone
The Talbot Hotel stands on the junction of Station Road (right) and Tunley Street.