Theme Explorer

Page 49 of 77 1386 Records Found

Stableford, near Chapel Chorlton

A postcard view of The Cock Inn (centre) at Stableford on the A51 between Stone and Nantwich. In later years the inn became a private residence. This postcard was franked in Whitmore on 28 October ...

Stables, Crown Hotel, Stone,

The Crown Hotel on High Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop for stage coaches from London, Manchester and Birmingham; there ...

Staff of Life Inn, 255 Newcastle Street, Middleport

This public house was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The roof has decorated ridge tiles, finials and a gable at the front of the building. The first floor has a stone panel inscribed 'Staff of Life ...

Stafford - [The White Lion Inn]: sepia drawing

'Old House on the South side of the road at the entrance of Stafford from Lichfield.' South east view of Elizabethan houses, one of which is The White Lion Inn and Lock-up. Artist: J. Buckler.

Stafford - Maid's Head Inn: lithograph

'Ancient Elizabethan House, Stafford. Destroyed by Fire Oct. 1st 1887.' Showing a late Elizabethan, four storey gabled house with a two storey oriel over the door. There is a modern shop front on the ...

Stafford - Maid's Head Inn: sepia drawing

'Ancient Houses in the High Street, Stafford.' Showing a north west view of Maid's Head Inn (left), and the Elizabethan House at the corner of Gaolgate and Market Square which is a late Elizabethan, ...

Stafford - Old Houses in Crabbery Lane: sepia drawing

'Old Houses in Crabbery Lane, Stafford.' North east view showing Elizabethan houses with two bays and an overhanging half-timber porch. There is also a stone bay with stone mullions. Later the Noah's ...

Stafford - Printing Office: wood cut engraving

Showing the Printing Office at the junction of Newport Road and Bridge Street, more recently called the 'Grapes Corner.' [Note by Miss Garbett, 1929; Presented by Mr. J. S. Horne.] Anonymous.

Stafford and District Caged Bird Society, Stafford

The colourful plumes of this prize-winning bird at Stafford and District Cage Bird Society’s show held at the Noah’s Ark Inn, Stafford, on Saturday 15 November, won the admiration of eight year old Valerie ...

Stafford Borough Council Civic Centre, Bridge Street, Stafford

View looking South along Bridge Street towards the Stafford Borough Council Civic Centre, occupying the site of the Royal Brine Baths by the River Sow. 'The Tavern' public house on the right of the picture ...

Stafford Crown Court Opening and RAF Stafford

Service personnel from RAF Stafford are pictured with bayonets fixed as they form a guard of honour during the summer opening of the Crown Court ceremony in Victoria Square, Stafford. The processional ...

Stafford Crown Court Opening and RAF Stafford

On a January day a procession attending the opening ceremony of the Hilary Term (January to March) at Stafford Crown Court is pictured outside the Crown Court building in Victoria Square, Stafford. The ...

Stafford Crown Court Opening and RAF Stafford

On a January day service personnel from RAF Stafford are pictured in Victoria Square, Stafford leading a procession for the opening ceremony of the Hilary Term (January to March) at Stafford Crown Court. ...

Stafford Licenced Victuallers in Dublin

Stafford and District Licenced Victuallers' Association pictured at Guinness's Park Royal Brewery in Dublin. They had been invited to visit by Arthur Guinness Son & Co. Ltd. The party of local landlords ...

Stafford Railway Circle, Annual Dinner, Swynnerton

Stafford Railway Circle's Annual Dinner, 1963, held at the Fitzherbert Arms, Swynnerton. Stafford Railway Circle was formed by local railway enthusiasts in 1957. Back row, standing (from left to right): ...

Stafford Road and the White Hart Hotel, Penkridge

Stone Cross, Penkridge, looking north towards Bull Bridge and Stafford. The White Hart stands to the right and to the left is the Fox and George public house which was demolished when the A449 was widened ...

Stafford Road, Cannock

The terrace of houses and the shop have all been demolished. To the right can be seen the public house which was later LA Rock Café and then the Fern and Fallow pub, and now (in 2019) the Podge ...

Stafford Street, Eccleshall

The King's Arms on Stafford Street was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan timber framed facade covers the original Elizabethan structure. The King's Arms, like the Royal Oak on High ...