Theme Explorer

Page 47 of 63 1117 Records Found

The Church, School and Parsonage, Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of the Church, School and Parsonage at Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Clifford Arms, Great Haywood

The Clifford Arms was once the sixteenth century gatehouse to Haywood Hall. A yard behind the archway was used to stable horses. In the 1920s the inn was painted to look timber framed, but was demolished ...

The Clifford Arms, Great Haywood

A postcard view of the Clifford Arms Hotel, Great Haywood. The original building was demolished in the early 1930s and this new hotel was built on the site. This postcard was published by Lilywhite ...

The Cock Inn, Stowe by Chartley

A postcard view of the Cock Inn on Station Road, Stowe-by-Chartley. On the left a sign on the building advertises that the inn sold Buntings ales. Around 2003 the Inn became known as the Bistro Le ...

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall (pictured left), designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge ...

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall, designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge bar was added in ...

The Cottage, Rolleston

The Cottage, Slitting Mill, Rugeley

This postcard picture is of a thatched cottage which stood in Slitting Mill Road, adjacent to the quarry, near the junction with Penkridge Bank and the Stone House, Rugeley. It was demolished in about ...

The Croft, Seighford

Left to right: Susan Jenks, Roger Bunn and Janet Lawton are pictured sitting in the garden of the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing on ...

The Croft, Seighford

Left to right: Susan Jenks, Janet Lawton and Roger Bunn are pictured in the garden of a house known as the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing ...

The Crooked House, Himley

The card has the following detailed information on the reverse: "The “Glynne Arms,” Kingswinford is situated in the parish of Himley, Staffordshire about three miles from Dudley. It is named after ...

The Crossroads, Holloway, Butterton, Manifold Valley. Photographed by William Blake.

Postcard with a view of the crossroads at Holloway, Butterton, Manifold Valley, Staffordshire. This area falls within the Peak District National Park.

The Crown Club, Abbots Bromley

The description on the front of this postcard view is: ‘Crown Club 1914’. The picture was taken on Crown Bank, Market Place, Abbots Bromley. On the left are cottages and in the centre behind the motor ...

The Crown Club, Abbots Bromley

This postcard view was published in 1913 with the picture taken at a wonky angle. The description on the front of the postcard is: ‘Crown Club 1913 Dinnertime’. This scene was captured on Crown Bank, ...

The Crown Hotel, Codsall

The Crown Hotel was situated at The Square, Codsall. In 1900 the proprietor was Thomas Malpas, who was also a butcher and a farmer. The road to the left of the Crown Hotel is Wood Road, and the ...

The Crown Hotel, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the former Crown Hotel also known as the Crown Inn at Stone Cross, Penkridge. The Crown was an Eley’s, Stafford Brewery Ltd. inn. It stood near to the junction with Pinfold Lane ...

The Fold, Oaken

The Footbridge, Waterhouses

This footbridge and ford on the River Hamps at Waterhouses links Lee House, on the right, to Ashbourne Road. A postcard published by William Shaw of Burslem, franked on 9 August 1907.