Theme Explorer

Page 44 of 62 1106 Records Found

The Black Lion, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The Black mLion Inn stands at the junction of London Road and Newcastle Road (where it becomes Stone Road). On the beam over the window in the left hand gable is the inscription "B Co Ltd" and "AD1899". ...

The Black Swan Inn, Uttoxeter

The Black Swan stands on Market Street in Uttoxeter.

The Bleak Inn, Cobridge

The Bleak Inn on Bleak Street, Cobridge. The sign over the door identifies the pub landlord as Jacob Hambleton. Bleak Street is now known as Orgreave Street and the Inn, along with the other buildings ...

The Blue Bell, Hardingswood, Kidsgrove

The licensee was John D. Colclough, who we assume is standing at the front with his wife. Dix and Co Ltd were a Shelton Brewery who were later taken over by Parker's of Burslem in 1933.

The Boar Inn, Moddershall

The building advertising 'Joules Stone Ales' is the Boar Inn. To its right is a yew tree, once cut into the shape of a boar's head. To the right is Moddershall (or Boar) Mill, used for grinding bone, ...

The Boar Inn, Moddershall.

View of The Boar at Moddershall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Boar, Moddershall

View of Moddershall and the pool. The building with the bay window is the Boar Inn. To its left is a yew tree, once cut into the shape of a boar's head. To the left is Moddershall (or Boar) Mill, ...

The Boar, Moddershall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of The Boar at Moddershall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Boat Inn, Cheddleton

The Boat Inn at Basford Bridge, Cheddleton, which stands next to the Caldon Canal and close to the River Churnet.

The Bowler Hat, 52-54 Moorland Road, Burslem

The Bowler Hat public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It had a rectangular plan, one room wide by two rooms deep. The plain tiled roof had no chimney. This photograph shows the north ...

The Bradwell Oak Inn, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The Bradwell Oak public house was at the eastern end of Peel Street next to the railway line. In the left hand corner of the photograph is the Longport Junction signal box which controlled access to the ...

The Bridge Tavern, Upper St. John Street, Lichfield

This photograph is thought to show William Whatkiss who was the publican of the Bridge Tavern between about 1901 and 1915. William and his family are seated on the front row near the centre of the group ...

The Bridge Tavern, Upper St. John Street, Lichfield

This photograph is thought to show William Whatkiss the publican of the Bridge Tavern between about 1901 and 1915, pictured here in front of the Tavern, possibly with his wife Harriett and daughter Ethel ...

The Bromley Arms, Ellastone

A view of the Bromley Arms in Ellastone. The sign for the Duncombe Arms is in the distance. The Bromley Arms was formerly Ellastone Old Hall, and dates from the late 17th century. Photograph by Gerald ...

The Bull, Codsall

The Bull public house on The Square.

The Bull's Head Inn, Alton

Looking east along the High Street in Alton. To the right of the Bull's Head is the Leek & Moorlands Co-operative Society shop.

The Bush Inn, Sutton Coldfield

View of the Bush Inn at the junction of Chester Road and Jockey Road, Sutton Coldfield. A pencil written note on the reverse of this picture tells us that the two children were called Monty and Florry. ...

The Bush Inn, Sutton Coldfield

View of the Bush Inn at the junction of Chester Road and Jockey Road, Sutton Coldfield. A pencil written note on the reverse of this picture tells us that the two children were called Monty and Florry. ...