Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 57 1015 Records Found

Bass Shire horses visit to Holy Trinity C.E.(C) Primary School, Burton

This photograph was taken on the school playground during a visit from two of the Bass Shire horses. The school has four school teams, each of which is named after one of the four Bass Shires. Those ...

Beacon Street School, Lichfield

Beacon Street School was built in the latter half of the 19th century and was a residential school for children in need of special care. This building was converted into flats and apartments in 2002.

Bee hives, Trentham School

Pictured are the new school buildings opened in 1877. Trentham Boys' School was opened in about 1674, paid for by a bequest from Lady Katherine Leveson. A girls' school opened in about 1856 and an infants' ...

Benson Street, Pitts Hill, Tunstall

Looking east along Benson Street (formerly New Street) in Pitts Hill. The photograph was taken from the corner of St Michaels Road (formerly High Street). On the right is the former Tunstall Primitive ...

Berkswich School Class

Photograph shows Mrs Freda Wooding's class in the playground at Berkswich School in the 1970s.

Berryhill Secondary School, Stoke-on-Trent

Berry Hill Secondary Modern School under construction in September 1964. The photograph was taken west of Arbourfield Drive looking eastwards. The disturbed ground in the foreground is spoil from the ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Betley Infants School

Pupils and their teacher at Betley infants School, Church Lane, Betley.

Biology lesson, Denstone College

A woman teacher taking a biology or nature studies class with boys who are drawing plants. Building at Denstone College was begun in 1868 and it opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. ...

Birches Head RC School, Boulton Street, Hanley

Saint George and Saint Martin Roman Catholic Junior School in Boulton Street, Birches Head. Opened in 1915 as an infants school, it became a school taking pupils up to 14 years old in 1925. The school ...

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Bishop Road, Chell Heath

Looking west along Bishop Road from close to the junction with Chell Heath Road. Off to the right are the buildings of Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School (now demolished and replaced by Stoke ...

Blackfriars Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

View from Pool Dam of the Higherland Methodist Church by Reginald Haggar with the Orme School to the right.

Blessed William Southerne School, Pittshill, Tunstall

Blessed William Southerne County Secondary School was opened in 1957 on Little Chell Lane. In 1980 the school was renamed St Margaret Ward's Catholic School. It is now an academy.

Blessing at Knightley Church

The Bishop of Lichfield blessing the church as part of its 100th anniversary celebrations. Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the ...

Blithfield House and Admaston School

View from the south west of Admaston School and Blithfield House, on School Lane, Admaston. Reproduced by permission of English Heritage and the National Monuments Record.

Blurton Church of England School, Blurton

Blurton Church of England School stood on School Lane. The school was built in 1834 but closed in 1954 when it had only infants on the roll. Now demolished and the site used for housing.

Blurton Primary Schools

In the foreground are the buildings of Blurton Junior and Infants' Schools, opened in 1948. To the left are more modern buildings, with the original "prefab" classroom to the right. The houses immediately ...