Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 22 393 Records Found

Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement or machine supplied by Burgess Agricultural Engineers Ltd. from their showroom in Eccleshall. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Burton Manor Road, Stafford

Between 1924 and 1926 British Reinforced Concrete built 66 houses for their employees on Burton Manor Road. They were designed by Birmingham architect William Green, who was much influenced by the Arts ...

Burton Manor, Stafford

Burton Manor in Rising Brook was built in 1855 by Francis Whitgreave. Stonework found during excavations from Grey Friars on Foregate Street was incorporated into the house, including the stone cross ...

C. E. Edwards Ltd., Leek New Road, Cobridge

This factory is a two storey, rectangular unit, three rooms wide by 4 rooms deep. The ground floor has three casement windows with large plain stone sills and the doorway has a large plain stone lintel ...

California Locomotive Works, Stoke-on-Trent

The California Works was operated by the locomotive manufacturer Kerr Stuart & Co. Kerr Stuart moved into the works in the 1890s when they took over another railway and tram manufacturer, Hartley, Arnoux ...

Castle Street, Stafford

This view was taken looking southwest from the Castle Street railway bridge (over the West Coast Main Line) in Stafford. On the left are several abandoned railway buildings, centre right on the horizon ...

Chamberlain Avenue from Hunter's Way, Penkhull

This is the view south eastwards down Chamberlain Avenue from the corner of Hunter's Way. At the bottom of the step bank is London Road in Stoke and Boothen beyond. In the floor of the valley are the ...

Cliff Vale Engineering works, Shelton New Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Cliff Vale Engineering was on Shelton New Road. Behind the works is a cooling tower and gas holder belonging to Etruria gasworks. The site today is occupied by a timber merchant.

Clock mechanism, Skerrett, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Photograph of a large clock mechanism, repaired or maintained by A.J. Thornton, clock and watch maker, Old Road, Stone in about 1950. This clock was made by Skerrett of Newcastle-under-Lyme in 1888. ...

Computer Operator, Reliant Works, Tamworth

The Reliant Motor Company were early adopters of technology and were using computers as early as 1972. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 when Mr T.L. Williams decided to build his own ...

Conveyor Belt, W.H. Dorman and Co. Ltd., Stafford,

Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began by manufacturing cutting tools for the footwear industry, but soon began to produce more specialised machinery such as printing, ...

Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering Company, Brown Lees Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the rear of the Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering company's works in Brown Lees Road. Previously the works were part of Robert Heath & Low Moor Bidulph Iron & Steel Co. The site ...

Cricket match at the English Electric Co., Stafford

This photograph shows a cricket match at the Hough in Stafford. In later years the Stafford Cricket Club moved to nearby Riverway and the site was redeveloped as housing. In the background is the ...

Design department at Dorman Diesels

Design department at Dorman Diesels factory on Tixall Road. The factory was aquired by Perkins Engine Co Ltd in the 1990's. Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began ...

Detached house, Duke Street, Fenton

The detached house is number 55 towards the north end of Duke Street in Fenton. It dates from circa 1800 (Victoria County History, vol VIII, p 209) and was one of a pair. At the time of the photograph ...

Diesel-electric locomotive, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured is a typical diesel-electric locomotive of a type that the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS) ordered from the English Electric Company on 25 June 1941. The order was for one hundred ...

Directors of Bamfords Ltd., Uttoxeter

Photograph taken at Hawthornden Manor to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the firm, in September 1921. On the back row from left to right: Mr Henry B. Bamford, Captain H. John Bamford, Mr Gerald ...

Directors of Keats and Bexon, Stafford

Directors, staff and family outside the Keats and Bexon factory main gate, Corporation Street. John and William Keats set up a company manufacturing shoe making machinery on Gaol Road in the 1870s ...