The Old Charterhouse
Lithograph print by Edward Ardizzone (1900-1979).
Dimensions: height - 385mm, width - 540mm
The Old Hall, Haughton
A horse and cart and two children are on Newport Road road in front of the Grade II listed mid-16th century Haughton Old Hall. On the left is the village school house, built in 1841 by Rev. C. Royds, ...
The Old School House, Ford, Grindon
The Old School House is a Grade II listed building which stands at Ford, near Grindon. It is a stone-built house rebuilt in the early 17th century around an earlier timber cruck-framed core. A datestone ...
The Old School, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent
Brindley Ford First School on the A527 (Outclough Road). The tablet on then centre gable reads Wolstanton School Board AD1885. The school as closed in the 1980s but the building (now called The Old School) ...
The Post Office, Hanbury
The Post Office and village shop on Anslow Road, Hanbury. The sign advertises a public telephone. In the background to the left can be seen the village school
The School Quad, Downside
Lithograph print by Edward Ardizzone (1900-1979).
Dimensions: height - 340mm, width - 535mm
The School, Blackbrook, near Maer
A postcard view of Blackbrook School close to a field of cut corn, piled into stooks.
The school was built here in 1897 by Mr Harrison of nearby Maer Hall to ‘keep the noise of the children out of ...
The School, Cheddleton
Cheddleton School stands on Hollow Lane. It was built in the 1860s and designed by George Gilbert Scott Jr.
The School, Clifton Campville
The single storey building with a tall chimney on the right was the school, and just beyond can be seen the timber-framed gable of the School House. The spire of St. Andrew’s Church is in the background.
...
The School, Hixon
St. Peter's School and the Headmaster's house beyond on Church Lane, close to the church. The school opened in 1856 and was replaced with a new school on an adjacent site in 1974 and is now a private ...
The School, Hoar Cross
Situated in Abbots Bromley Road, Hoar Cross, this postcard photograph shows the school within its school yard in front, with the adjacent school house beyond.
By 1851 there was a school at Hoar Cross ...
The School, Hyde Lea
A postcard view of the School in Hyde Lea. The boy on the left (marked by x) is thought to be Willie Ward who sent the following message: “Should auld acquaintance be forgot” to his cousin, Master Eli ...
The Schools, Colton
St. Mary's School was built in 1862 on a site given by the owner of Colton Manor and funded by the Webb Trust. Although altered and extended, including a major refurbishment in 1966, the village school ...
The Schools, Dosthill, Tamworth
Situated on the corner of A51 and School Lane, Dosthill, this is now Dosthill Primary Academy, built in 1887.
The postcard was published in Rutherford's Series, Post Office, Dosthill. The card also ...
The Schools, Madeley Heath
Beyond the house is the school room, and beyond that is St. Mark's Church. Originally built in 1861 as a mission church, St. Mark's at Madeley Heath later became part of the village school for Little ...
The Schools, Madeley Heath
A postcard view looking east along what is now the A525 towards Madeley from the junction in Madeley Heath. Beyond the house is the school room, On the right is St. Mark's Church, originally built in ...
The Schools. Wheaton Aston
The School at Wheaton Aston opened in 1854 as a National School, this replaced an earlier school in the village. The fees for the school varied according to the ability of the parents to pay.