Royal Oak Public House Interior, Church Eaton,
The interior of the Royal Oak prior to extensive alterations.
Behind the bar is the landlady, Mary.
Royal Oak Public House, Eccleshall
The Royal Oak Inn is one of Eccleshall's two coaching inns on the London to Chester road (the other is the King's Arms on Stafford Street). With the advent of the railway the landlord compensated for ...
Royal Oak, Eccleshall
Watercolour painting showing view of Eccleshall High Street from the arches of the Royal Oak Hotel. Signed bottom left: 'Robin Ansell 1975'.
Artist: Robin Ansell (born 1934)
Dimensions: 500mm x ...
Royal Oak, High Street, Uttoxeter
Royal Oak, Wilding Road, Burslem
The Royal Oak public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It is two rooms wide by two rooms deep with a one storey rear projection. The projections on the west side were constructed between 1878 ...
Rubian's Art Pottery, Fenpark Road, Fenton
The Rubian Art Pottery was at the western end of Fenpark Road at the junction with Vivian Road. This was the Park Works. Pottery had been produced on this site from at least the 1770s. The works became ...
Rugeley Town: pen and ink drawing
Showing a street scene with a half-timbered barber's shop on the right, an 18th century public house on the left, and a Hall on arches with a lantern, at the far end of the street. Artist: 'J. Allport, ...
Rushton Station and the Railway Inn
The North Staffordshire Railway's Churnet Valley line once connected Macclesfield with Leek and Uttoxeter, via the Churnet Valley. The station closed in the 1960s but the pub remains, since re-named The ...
Ruxley Road, Bucknall
Looking east along Ruxley Road from the junction with Bucknall Road. The Esso petrol station on the right now occupies the junction and Ruxley Road no longer meets Bucknall Road. Halfway down on the ...
Rye Croft Gate, Rushton
The Hanging Gate Inn can be seen to the right in this postcard view, taken from the bridge over the Rad Brook on what is now the busy Leek-Macclesfield road.
Salmon's Shop, Market Place, Cannock
Salmon's Stores on Market Place, Cannock, advertising themselves as bacon curers and corn factors. The doorway to the Swan Inn can just be seen to the right. The shop had previously been a Co-operative ...
Sandon and District British Legion Dinner
Photograph taken in the function room upstairs in the Dog and Doublet Inn, Sandon.
Sandon Village
A postcard view of a quiet scene in Sandon at the junction of the Lichfield Road (A51) and the Stafford Road (B5066). On the left is the Dog and Doublet public house. On the reverse of this card there ...
Sandon Village
Looking north east towards Sandon square along the Stafford road, with Dog and Doublet Inn to the right.
Sandon Village
A postcard view of a quiet scene in Sandon at the junction of the Lichfield Road (A51) and the Stafford Road (B5066). On the right is the Dog and Doublet public house.
This postcard was published ...
Sandon Village
In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall. The triple chimney on the left belongs to Seven Stars Cottage. The Dog and Doublet is at the extreme right-hand edge.
Postcard ...
Saracen's Head Inn, Burton upon Trent
The Saracen's Head Inn, Bridge Street, Burton upon Trent. The landlady at the time was Harriett Terry and the building has been decorated to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.
Harriett's ...
Saracen's Head Public House, Weston,
The Saracen's Head on the Stafford road.
The inn began life as the Nag's Head in 1818, but was renamed the Saracen's Head in 1860. The inn's name commemorates the crest of a 'Saracen's Head' granted ...