Theme Explorer

Page 35 of 45 810 Records Found

Stafford Crown Court Opening and RAF Stafford

Service personnel from RAF Stafford are pictured with bayonets fixed as they form a guard of honour during the summer opening of the Crown Court ceremony in Victoria Square, Stafford. The processional ...

Stafford Gas Works Offices, Chell Road, Stafford

Front doorway of Stafford Gas Works Offices on Chell Road taken during the Spring of 1966. The town's first gas works were built by William Edwards and Co. on this site in 1829. By 1949, when the ...

Stafford General Infirmary,

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. ...

Stafford Institute,

This building on Earl Street was originally the British School. The school opened in 1843 with funding from the British and Foreign School Society and a wealthy Methodist, Mrs Birch. Parents of the ...

Stafford Market Hall

This interior view, taken by one of the entrances to Stafford’s indoor market hall, shows some of the stalls shortly before the market closed for good. It was reported in the Staffordshire Newsletter ...

Stafford Road, Milford

Looking west on Main Road, Milford. The housing on the left still stands (2026) now with a shop unit attached to the left side. On the right is the entrance to Milford Hall Cricket Club. In this scene ...

Stafford Street, Eccleshall

Numbers 7-15, Stafford Street, Eccleshall, photographed by Dr J.E.C. Peters in 1966. The houses dated from around 1830 but have since been demolished and currently (2026) the site is occupied by a ...

Stafford Street, Eccleshall,

The King's Arms on Stafford Street was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan timber framed facade covers the original Elizabethan structure. The King's Arms, like the Royal Oak on High ...

Stafford Street, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Stafford Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This street was re-named The Strand in the 1950s. Note the tramline and tram. These were a regular feature in most ...

Staffordshire Constabulary, Hednesford Police Station

This postcard view shows eight Police Officers standing outside the entrance of the former Police Station on Cannock Road, Hednesford. In later years the building changed use during redevelopment of the ...

Staffordshire County Council annual meeting, Stafford

Pictured in the County Buildings Council Chamber in Stafford, are County Administrators. Alderman Lewis Davies, had been elected Chairman for a fourth year, and presided at the annual meeting of the Staffordshire ...

Station Hotel, Rudyard

A postcard view of the Station Hotel (formerly the Railway Hotel) in Rudyard. In the background above the Hotel and looking through the trees there is a glimpse of Rudyard Station on the North Staffordshire ...

Station Hotel, Rudyard

A postcard view of the Station Hotel (formerly the Railway Hotel) in Rudyard. Over the years Rudyard with its nearby lake increased in popularity with tourists and the Station Hotel needed to expand ...

Station Hotel, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Station Road. The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided ...

Station Street, Burton-upon-Trent

This image is titled 'Old Burton, Station Street junction with Guild Street'. This view is almost unrecognisable today. A dray, probably loaded with sacks of barley or malt, and two other horse-drawn ...

Statue of the Virgin Mary on door of Cathedral, Lichfield

Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station

The station was opened in 1848 by the North Staffordshire Railway Company, (NSR): it is Grade II* listed. The glazed roof dates from 1893. On the extreme right there is a W. H. Smith newsagents stall, ...

Stone - Ancient Doorway in Vicarage Garden: sepia drawing

'Ancient Doorway in the Vicarage Garden, Stone, Staffordshire,' showing a Norman door of three orders, in the Vicarage Garden [at St. Michael's church.]'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]