Theme Explorer

Page 35 of 42 743 Records Found

Tamworth Girls High School

The school was officially opened by the Countess Ferrers on October 1, 1913. In attendance was Rev William MacGregor, one of Tamworth's benefactors. The school flourished until 1959, when it was amalgamated ...

Tamworth Girls High School Science Laboratory

After WW1 education improved considerably and Tamworth girls now had science laboratories and the range of educational subjects was much wider. The school was officially opened by the Countess Ferrers ...

Tamworth Girls High School, Kindergarden

The school was officially opened by the Countess Ferrers on October 1, 1913. In attendance was Rev William MacGregor, one of Tamworth's benefactors. Primarily built for older girls, the school also had ...

Tawney Building, Keele University

The Tawney Building at Keele University was named after the economic historian R.H. Tawney. It houses some of the administrative departments of the University, including finance and student services. ...

Technical and Mining College, Anglesey Street, Hednesford

The college is a brick-built double-fronted building. It served as a college until the mid 1970s. It was converted into luxury flats in the late 1990s. All mining trainees in the Cannock Chase area completed ...

Technical Institute, Hednesford

Situated in Anglesey Street, the Institute was opened in 1912 by Sir Oliver Lodge. With the emphasis predominately, but not exclusively, on mining and engineering, the basement contained the latest mine ...

Technical Training School, Standon

Originally a Church of England home for 'waifs and strays' and later classified as an Industrial School, by 1938 it was an Intermediate Approved School' for boys aged 13 to 15 committed there by the legal ...

Tenterbanks School Building, Tenterbanks, Stafford

This building was demolished in the late 1960's. The Link and Workshop blocks of Stafford College now occupy this site.

The Big Schoolroom, Denstone College, Denstone

The Big Schoolroom was 130 feet long with a master's desk at each end so two classes could be taught. At the far end is a portrait of Rev. Nathaniel Woodard, founder of the school. Denstone College ...

The Bishop’s Palace, Lichfield

This postcard view shows the south-east front of the Bishop’s Palace in the Cathedral Close at Lichfield. The Grade I listed stone building of two storeys with dormer windows in the roof has a date of ...

The Building of Earl Street, Stafford College, Stafford

The Link and Workshop Blocks can be seen here on the left, with the Broad Street building on the right. The Earl Street Building is being built in the foreground.

The Chapel, Denstone College

Interior view down aisle of St. Benedict's Chapel, Denstone College, looking towards organ loft with choir stalls either side of aisle, lit by hanging oil lamps. Denstone College was begun in 1868 ...

The Choir, Cotton College, Cotton

A postcard view of members of staff and the choir at Cotton College, also known as St. Wilfrid’s College. Please contact us if you recognise anyone in the picture. Cotton Hall was built in the 18th ...

The Church, School and Parsonage, Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of the Church, School and Parsonage at Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Clock House, Keele

The Clock House is a former stable block and coach house, now part of Keele University music department and the Vice-Chancellor's residence. It was built in about 1830 by Edward Blore for Ralph Sneyd, ...

The Clock House, Keele University

The Clockhouse, pictured here under snow, is Grade II listed and was built in 1833-1834 as the stable block and coach house for Keele Hall. It was designed by Edward Blore. The west half of the building ...

The demolition of Hanley High School.

Hanley Higher Grade School was opened in 1893, renamed Hanley Municipal Secondary School in 1905 becoming Hanley High School in 1924. the school became a "boys only grammar school" in 1938 when the girls ...

The Friary, Lichfield

The Francisan Friary was founded about 1229 by Alexander Strarensby, Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield, and was dissolved in 1538. The Friary was demolished and the only building left was the Bishops Lodging, ...