Theme Explorer

Page 34 of 62 1107 Records Found

Queen's Picture Hall, Uttoxeter

Photograph shows the Queen's Picture Hall (later the Queen's Cinema) on Queen Street being repainted by Arthur Walker. The film being advertised, 'Brigadier Gerard', was a silent film version of an Arthur ...

Radford Bank, Stafford

A postcard view looking towards Stafford at the point where Radford Bank crosses the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal. On the right is the Trumpet Inn which has since been demolished and rebuilt. ...

Railway Hotel, Rocester

The Railway Hotel was built in the 1850s soon after the Churnet Valleey line on the North Staffordshire Railway was completed. The landlord of the Railway Hotel at this time was Robert Jardine. In the ...

Railway Tavern, Leek

The Railway tavern stood on Broad Street. It closed in the 1970s and has been converted into a veterinary surgery.

Rear of the Clifford Arms, Great Haywood,

The Clifford Arms was once the sixteenth century gatehouse to Haywood Hall. The yard behind the archway was used to stable horses. In the 1920s the inn was painted to look timber framed, but was demolished ...

Rear Yard of the Bear Inn, Stafford,

Rear yard of the Bear Inn on Greengate Street, which included a coach house. The Bear Inn was built in the seventeenth century Bear Inn on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of ...

Red Bull Corner, Kidsgrove

The building pictured here on the right was believed to have been a Coaching Inn. Coaches would have driven past the Inn probably on their way to Manchester and Liverpool. The building stood at this junction ...

Red Lion Inn, Cheddleton

A photograph of a painting by Isaac Findler (1809-1888) showing the Red Lion Inn, Cheddleton. The main three-storey building is easily recognisable today. Isaac Findler was baptised at Cheddleton on ...

Red Lion Public House, Eccleshall

The Red Lion public house on High Street was converted in a private residence in 1935. The building was demolished in the 1960s, to make way for John Pershall Court. The front of the inn had two bow ...

Red Lion Public House, Little Haywood,

This public house on the Main Road was once named The Bowyer Arms, after the family who owned Bishton Hall at that time. The inn sign was the family's coat of arms, which included a rampant red lion. ...

Red Lion Public House, Rear View, Eccleshall,

The Red Lion public house on High Street was converted in a private residence in 1935. The building was demolished in the 1960s, to make way for John Pershall Court. The front of the inn had two bow ...

Red Lion, Checkley

The Red Lion public house on Church Lane, Checkley.

Red Lion, Hopwas, Lichfield

Regulars at the Prince Albert, Stafford

Darts players at the Prince Albert public house, Friar Street, Stafford. It was demolished in 1978. Left to right: Phil Forrester, Harry Skelton, ? ,Maureen Baker and Mike Harker.

Regulars at the Staffordshire Knot, Great Haywood

The landlady of the Staffordshire Knot public house and 'regulars' playing cribbage. The Staffordshire Knot stood on Main Road between Great and Little Haywood and closed in the late 1960s. It has since ...

Reunion Photograph, Bradford Arms, Wheaton Aston

Reunion of Rodbaston Farm Institute Students 1959-1960. The event was organised by Malcolm Watson of Tutbury (standing front, far left). Three former lecturers are standing front, far right: Yade Meadows, ...

Revival of Hope Dale Wakes, Alstonefield

Regulars outside the Watts Russell ARms, Hope Dale, celebrating the 'revival of Hope Dale Wakes' in 1963. Left to right: Alf Petts, Hannah Gilman, Jack Mottram, Josie Austin, George Harrison Snr., ...

Roadworks on Greengate Street, Stafford

Workmen re-laying the road surface on Greengate Street, close to Market Square. The Ancient High House can be seen to the right, the Bear Inn to the left.