Lichfield Road, Stafford
This view of Lichfield Road, Stafford, looks south in the direction of Queensville.
Many of the buildings on the left of the picture remain (2025) although some have changed use on several occasions. ...
Gailey Farm House, Gailey
Gailey Farm House currently (2025) known as Hammerton House, is situated close to the A5 Watling Street and near to the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal.
The front doorway has a pediment, columns ...
6, St Mary's Grove, Stafford
Front doorway on No. 6, St. Mary’s Grove.
Facing the northerly exterior aspect of the adjacent St Mary's Church, No. 6 was originally a house. It is one of a group of Grade ll Listed buildings in St. ...
National Westminster Bank, Market Place, Rugeley
'Landor House' was built by one Erasmus Darwin, merchant, in 1649. Robert Landor made alterations in 1733 which included a new frontage. It was sold in 1808 by Robert's grandson, the poet Walter Savage ...
Brewood & Codsall (Bishops Wood) enclosure map
Enclosure maps and their accompanying awards are important sources for local, agricultural and economic history in the 18th and 19th centuries, and reflect a time when communities were experiencing significant ...
The Buckley family at Westbeech House, Westbeech Road, Pattingham.
Frank Buckley was Headmaster at Pattingham School. He is pictured here with his wife Alice and two month old Mabel and five year old Harold at Christmas 1909.
Pattingham House, High Street, Pattingham
This early 19th Century Grade II Listed Building is No.3 High Street. Previously known as Torque Field House, was described as modern in 1848. In 1700 a large gold torque, possibly Bronze/Iron Age, was ...
Pattingham House and village green, Pattingham
This early 19th Century Grade II Listed Building is No.3 High Street. Previously known as Torque Field House, was described as modern in 1848. In 1700 a large gold torque, possibly Bronze/Iron Age, was ...
Pattingham House
This early 19th Century Grade II Listed Building is No.3 High Street. Previously known as Torque Field House, was described as modern in 1848. In 1700 a large gold torque, possibly Bronze/Iron Age, was ...
The Poplars, 1, High Street, High Street, Pattingham
This Grade II Listed Building dates from the early 19th Century.
Situated immediately to the left of Pattingham House. The railings are now bounded by a Leylandii hedge. The roadside end of the Pattingham ...
1 & 3 Alrewas Road, Kings Bromley
Situated at the junction of Lichfield Road and Alrewas Road in Kings Bromley, these timber-framed thatched cottages are Grade II Listed and date to the late 17th century.
Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), soldier and politician. He is most famous for his role as a military leader during the Napoleonic Wars, and particularly for commanding the army ...
George Edalji's razor
A razor used in evidence at the infamous trial of George Edalji of Great Wyrley, Staffordshire, for horse maiming.
In 1903 George Edalji was convicted of maiming horses and received a seven year sentence. ...
Weston-on-Trent, near Stafford
This postcard view looks across Weston Pool and pasture towards the tower and north aisle of St. Andrew’s Church in Weston.
St. Andrew's is a Grade II* listed building and originally dates back to ...
Zion Chapel, Enson
The Methodist New Connexion Chapel at Enson was opened in 1863 to serve the villagers of Enson, Sandon, Burston, Salt and Marston. The site was given by Mr John Leese of Enson and the foundation stone ...
Joule's Ale Stores, Stone
Joule's brewery's Newcastle Street Ale Stores and bottling plant, facing the Trent and Mersey Canal. Built in 1881. The buildings are pictured following restoration and conservation of the painted 'Joule's ...
Accommodation at Ladfordfields, Seighford
The Green family pictured in their rented accommodation at the former R.A.F. hutment at Ladfordfields, near Seighford, shortly before they were rehoused by the landlords, Stafford Rural Council.
The ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
Greengate Street looking towards Bridge Street, Stafford.
On the left is No. 20 Greengate Street, a mid-18th century Grade ll listed building occupied by Currys electrical stores who moved to No. 56 ...