Theme Explorer

Page 25 of 30 530 Records Found

The Black Lion, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The Black mLion Inn stands at the junction of London Road and Newcastle Road (where it becomes Stone Road). On the beam over the window in the left hand gable is the inscription "B Co Ltd" and "AD1899". ...

The Chadwick Arms, Hill Ridware

This view of the Chadwick Arms in School Lane was taken by the junction with Uttoxeter Road in Hill Ridware in 1960. Most of the buildings in this view remain; however, the road layout at the junction ...

The Chase near Milford

This scene is near to the Satnall Hills with a glimpse of Nicholls' quarry on the left, centre left the A513 Stafford to Rugeley road and in the centre the Punch Bowl. The view is quite different today ...

The Chequers and Cross Roads, Hopwas

A postcard view of the Chequers public house and the Cross Roads, Hopwas. Situated on Lichfield Road at the junction with School Lane and Hints Road, the public house, then run by Truman’s Brewery has ...

The Chequers and Cross Roads, Hopwas

A postcard view of the Chequers public house and the Cross Roads, Hopwas. Situated on Lichfield Road at the junction with School Lane and Hints Road, the public house has been known as The Tame Otter ...

The County Library and Record Library, Friars Terrace, Stafford

The former Staffordshire County Library and Record (music) Library building in Friars Terrace, Stafford is pictured prior to demolition to be replaced by a housing development. The building was officially ...

The Crown Hotel, Stone

A postcard advertising The Crown Hotel in Stone. The postcard shows roads leading from Stone to various towns around the United Kingdom and includes the mileage from Stone to each destination. On ...

The Delhi Maltings, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

The Station Street end of the Delhi Maltings taken from street level, showing the crossing gates and the malt grainers. The picture also highlights the detailing of the large metal vents on the maltings ...

The Earl’s Drive, Alton

This postcard view of the Earl’s Drive, Alton was published by William Blake of Longton. It was franked at 10.00 PM on 9 January 1937 in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire and posted to an address in Dorset....

The Fleur de Lis, Norton Canes

This sepia bordered postcard pictures The Fleur de Lis (or Lys ) public house at Norton Canes , called "The Luce" by locals. It was said to be a 16th Century drovers' stopping place on the London - Chester ...

The Grammar School, Rugeley

A view of Rugeley Grammar School on Wolseley Road which in later years became the Chancel Primary School.

The Green at Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The green on the left hand side of Leek New Road (A53) in Baddeley Green. The row of dwellings date from the end of the 19th century and were linked with Baddeley Hall Farm, which lay behind. The open ...

The Hunt at Seisdon

The Albrighton Hunt crossing the bridge over the Smestow Brook at Seisdon.

The Institute, Church Eaton

A postcard view of the Institute on the High Street, Church Eaton. In 1886 a public house was converted into a Men’s Reading Room and Club which later became known as the Institute. Over the entrance ...

The Main Road between Bishton and Colwich

A postcard of cottages at Bishton taken near to the junction with Colwich and the A51. A cow and calf are grazing on the verge. This postcard was published by W Shaw, Burslem and printed in Saxony.

The Main Road, Brereton, Rugeley

A postcard view of a quiet scene on the Main Road in Brereton. In later years the road was widened and the cottages on the left demolished. The School building between the cottages and St. Michael’s ...

The Old Cottages, Rugeley

A close up view of the timber-framed cottages that can be seen other postcard views of Horsefair close to todays Globe Island. The man near the bicycle is standing in Elmore Lane. Behind the cottages ...

The Old Hall, Haughton

A horse and cart and two children are on Newport Road road in front of the Grade II listed mid-16th century Haughton Old Hall. On the left is the village school house, built in 1841 by Rev. C. Royds, ...