Theme Explorer

Page 24 of 42 743 Records Found

Oscott - St. Mary's College: steel engraving

'St. Mary's College, Oscot, (sic)' showing a view of the court and the colonnade before the chapel. 'Jh. Ireland strux., [engraved]; Jas. Cave del., [drawn].'

Oulton School, near Stone

Back row, left to right: Miss McRae (teacher), Harry Turner, John Sigley, Claude Simpson, Jimmy Sigley, Arthur Leslie, Les Griffin. 2nd Row: Winnie Fairweather, unknown, unknown, Lizzie Fowlkes, unknown, ...

Oulton School, near Stone

Oulton School was built in 1863 and stood on Church Lane. the money to build it was raised by John Ford, vicar of Christ Church in Stone. It also served as the village church until St. John Evangelist ...

Oulton School, Oulton, Stone

Oulton School was built in 1863 and stood on Church Lane. the money to build it was raised by John Ford, vicar of Christ Church in Stone. It also served as the village church until St. John Evangelist ...

Outside the Bethesda Schools, Fountain Street, Leek

View along Fountain Street looking towards Derby Street.

P.E Lesson, Flash Ley School, Hawksmoor Road, Stafford

A group of infants taking part in an outdoor physical education lesson at the primary school.

P.E. Centre, Newcastle Street, Burslem

This building stands on Newcastle Street which was formerly known as Castle Street. It has two storeys plus a hall, cellar and armoury. There is a single storey structure attached to the rear of the building ...

Pall Mall, Hanley

The view up Pall Mall from the Piccadilly corner. Pall Mall as a street dates from at least 1818 when it was known as New Street and this area of town was part of Shelton. Right at the top is Hanley ...

Peel School, Lichfield Street, Tamworth

This Peel School on Lichfield Street was built by Sydney Smirke for Sir Robert Peel (II) in 1850. It replaced the school his father had built in Church Street, which had been outgrown. However this building ...

Pendrell Hall

Pendrell Hall was built in 1870 and originally called Pendryl Hall. The Gaskells moved to Pendrell Hall from The Birches in 1910 and remodeled the house and added the lodge. The Hall was purchased by ...

Pendrell Hall

Pendrell Hall was built in 1870 and originally called Pendryl Hall. The Gaskells moved to Pendrell Hall from The Birches in 1910 and remodeled the house and added the lodge. The Hall was purchased by ...

Pendrell Hall

Pendrell Hall was built in 1870 and originally called Pendryl Hall. The Gaskells moved to Pendrell Hall from The Birches in 1910 and remodeled the house and added the lodge. The Hall was purchased by ...

Penkhull Church School, Penkhull

The Church School in Penkhull stood at the top of Trentham Road (now Trent Valley Road), just south of the church. It was known as St Thomas's School in the 1880s. Originally opened as a mixed National ...

Penkhull First School, Princes Road, Stoke

Penkhull First School was constructed in 1896. This school has a bell tower with decorated stone carvings around the top and a pyramidical roof.

Philip Dix House (the Old Drill Hall), Tamworth

Located on Corporation Street near its junction with Aldergate, the building dates from 1911. It was built for the Staffordshire Territorial Forces Association as 'C' Company,'s Drill Hall, to the design ...

Playground of Pension School, St. Dominic's Convent, Stone

The convent, church and Priory School of St. Dominic's were founded in the mid 19th century by Mother Margaret Halahan of the Dominican Order. The school buildings, including the cloisters pictured here, ...

Portland House, Newcastle Street, Burslem

The grade II listed building on the corner of Furlong Parade and Newcastle Street was built in the early 1830s for the Riley family of potters who built the Hill Pottery Works on Westport Road. The bay ...

Portrait of Leek Grammar School Pupils, Clerk Bank, Leek

The school was founded in 1723 by Thomas Parker, the 1st Earl of Macclesfield, and Lord Chancellor who was born in Leek. The headmaster Mr J.J. Sykes is seen in this picture with a beard and wearing a ...