St. Margaret's Church, Wetton
St. Margaret's has a medieval stone tower. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1820.
St. Chad's Church, Bagnall
St. Chad's dates from 1834. The chancel was rebuilt by Jeremiah Beardmore in 1879-81 and the porch was added at the same time.
County Road, Stafford
This view of County Road is largely unchanged since the photograph was taken in 1962.
The houses on the right are No.'s 11 – 6. On the extreme right there is a glimpse of the 1831 'Greyhound Inn' (No. ...
Ernest Martin Mellor, Chemist, Uttoxeter
Ernest Martin Mellor, known as 'Emm', was a chemist in Uttoxeter from 1906 to 1960. At one stage he owned two chemist shops in Uttoxeter, at 32 and 12 Market Place. Ernest was also a town councillor ...
St. Luke's Church, Onecote
There was a chapel at Onecote in 1524. The present Georgian parish church was built in 1753-1755 and is dedicated to St Luke, although burials did not take place there until 1782. The cost of the church ...
School House, Colwich
A view of the 'School House', Main Road, Colwich, situated adjacent to the former 'Miss Sparrow's School'. Now (2025), Colwich Church of England Primary School (on left of the photograph). This Grade ...
2 and 2a, Bridge Street, Stafford
This view shows No. 2 and No. 2a, Bridge Street in a winter setting with a dusting of snow on the yard and on some of the roofs of the surrounding buildings.
At the time of the picture these two houses ...
Miners examining a safety helmet, at the Fairlady (Coppice Colliery) Heath Hayes
Group of miners on afternoons in working clothes carrying 'keg' or 'bucket' battery powered electric lamps. The two men in the centre are looking at a helmet, as it is thought that all of the miners pictured ...
Colwich Old School and School House
Both of the buildings are Grade II listed. The 1841 Old School' on the left of the pair with the attached '1860 School House' to the right of the photograph. The school has an almond shaped panel with ...
Averil's Old Shop, Stafford,
This timber framed building, built around 1475, stood on Market Square, on the site now (2025) occupied by Boots. Over the years plaster had covered the timber structure and the timber framed effect ...
Whitmore Hall
This Grade I listed building has been the home of the Mainwaring family (now Cavenagh-Mainwaring) and their direct ancestors for over 900 years.
The earlier timber-framed house was modified and encased ...
Stables - interior, Whitmore Hall
The late 16th century Elizabethan Grade II* listed stables, situated within the grounds of Whitmore Hall, are a very rare example. They have perfectly preserved stabling for nine horses; wooden columns, ...
Stables, Whitmore Hall
The late 16th century Elizabethan Grade II* listed stables, situated within the grounds of Whitmore Hall, are a very rare example. They have perfectly preserved stabling for nine horses; wooden columns, ...
Former Louis Sandy Ltd Building, Stafford
The former premises of Louis Sandy Ltd, on the corner of St. Patrick’s Place and St. Patrick’s Street, Stafford.
Behind this building were the Gainsborough Works. Originally built as James Day’s shoe ...
Wordsley Rectory near Stourbridge
Following Wordsley becoming a separate Ecclesiastical parish in 1830, the Rectory was built in 1835-6 by the architect Lewis Vulliamy, who also built the nearby Holy Trinity Church at this time. The Rectory ...
St. Paul's Church, Penn Road, Wolverhampton
St. Paul’s Church was built around 1834 in the gothic style. It was designed by local architect, Robert Ebbels for the Rev. W. Dalton, it was consecrated in July 1835.
The church stood on Penn Road ...
School Lane, Standeford, near Coven
These cottages on School Lane, Standeford, remain (2025). Over the years they have been renovated and the brickwork is now uniformly white, the window shapes have been kept but the chimneys removed. The ...
Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield
A view of Howard Hall at the Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield.
Duncan Hall, Beatty Hall and Howard Hall (all named after Royal Navy Admirals) were built in 1938 for munitions ...