Sandon Hall,
The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer remains, but was still standing in 1852. By this ...
Sandon Hall, Front Elevation
The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer remains, but was still standing in 1852. By this ...
Sandon Village
On the right is Seven Stars Cottage. The road leading off to the right leads to the gate to Sandon Hall.
The road junction, in the centre of the postcard, is where the Sandon Estate Memorial stands ...
Sandon Village
In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall.
The triple chimney on the left belongs to Seven Stars Cottage.
Sandon Village
In the centre is one of the two Stafford Lodges built in 1902 at the entrance to Sandon Hall.
The war memorial is in centre of the photograph. Sandon war memorial was unveiled by Colonel John Ward ...
Sandy Lane, Rugeley
A view of Sandy Lane, also known as Hednesford Road, showing the old thatched cottages demolished in 1912. They were sited between the Globe Hotel (off the picture to the right) and Sandy Lane (left). ...
Scene of a steeplejack accident, Tower Street, Wolverhampton
Demolition underway at he three-storey factory and chimney formerly belonging to E. Hands & Sons, shoe manufacturers, on Tower Street, Wolverhampton. A note with this glass negative indicates that the ...
Seighford Hall,
Seighford Hall is an Elizabethan house to which additions were made over the years, particularly during the Victorian period.
A brick tower in the grounds was built to look like a church tower. This ...
Sheaf Street, Shelton
The camera is looking north east along Sheaf Street which runs parallel to Broad Street. At the bottom is Yates Street, and the photograph was taken from just outside the Wheatsheaf Hotel (off to the ...
Sinai House, Burton-upon-Trent
Sinai House under restoration in 2000. This timber-framed and brick house was built around 1500, and is thought to have been a summer house for the abbots of Burton. This Image is from a collection ...
Sir Martin Noell's Almshouses, Stafford,
Sir Martin Noell was a London merchant who was born in Stafford in the seventeenth century. He had these almshouses houses built on Mill Street for the poor of the town. The inhabitants were also given ...
Sir Martin Noell's Almshouses, Stafford,
Sir Martin Noell was a London merchant who was born in Stafford in the seventeenth century. He had these almshouses houses built on Mill Street for the poor of the town. The inhabitants were also given ...
Sneyd Pipe Works, Burslem
Beehive kilns at Sneyd pipe works as seen from the Potteries Loop Line, just north of Hot Lane. The works lay to the west of the line, behind the camera would have been Sneyd Colliery and Brickworks. ...
Soup Kitchen Cafe, Stafford,
The Soup Kitchen on Church Lane.
South Lodge House, Little Onn Hall, Church Eaton,
Photograph of the timber framed south lodge house at Little Onn Hall, from a sale catalogue.
Little Onn Hall is located about 1 1/2 miles south west of Church Eaton. The hall was built c.1870 - 1875, ...
South-west View of Broughton Hall,
Broughton Hall was built for Sir Thomas Broughton in the mid-sixteenth century, possibly on the site of an earlier building. During the eighteenth century the ornate timber work was covered in plaster, ...
Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd., Stafford,
Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. the company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers.
In 1938 the company, under the directorship of ...
Spoutfield Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent
Coal fired beehive ovens with their chimneys at John Caddick & Sons Spoutfield Tilery at the corner of Brick Kiln Lane and Shelton New Road. Just below the iron bands around the oven can be seen the ...