Greengate Street, Stafford
View of Greengate looking towards the Market Square with the sign for Mill Street on the left. A sign on the left advertises H. Howard's opticians.
Greengate Street, Stafford
This postcard photograph looks south down Greengate Street with St. Mary's Place on the right.
After the Zebra pedestrian crossing with its Belisha Beacons, the sign for the Bear Inn can be seen on ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
View looking towards Market Square.
The timber framed building on the left is the Ancient High House, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. In 1826 the building was bought by John Marson, who converted ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
Greengate Street looking towards the Market Square, an image taken from a glass negative.
The timber framed building on the left is the Ancient High House, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. In 1826 ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
Looking south along Greengate Street from Market Square. On the left is W.H. Smith & Son's shop and further along the John Mottram's shop is under scaffolding, next to the Bear Inn.
Photographer: Stan ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
Looking north on Greengate Street, Stafford towards Market Square.
In the foreground is a Zebra pedestrian crossing marked with Belisha Beacons. On the right on the corner of Martin Street is Briggs’ ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
A view of Greengate Street taken in 1962.
Left to right: the Ancient High House a Grade II* listed building, Brookfield’s tailors, hosiers and out-fitters. Rose & Co. wallpaper and paint merchants, ...
Greengate Street, Stafford
Greengate Street, Stafford,
View of Greengate from the junction of Tipping Street.
The timber framed building on the left is the Ancient High House, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. In 1826 the building was bought by John ...
Greengate Street, Stafford,
View of east side of Greengate Street with heavy road traffic, showing Briggs' shoe shop, John Mottram Ltd jewellers and the Bear Inn.
Greengate Street, Stafford,
View of Greengate looking towards the Market Square.
On the left is Haycock and Tooth's ladies and gentlemen's outfitters shop, which opened in 1897.
The building with the bow windows is the Swan ...
Greyfriars, Stafford
A photograph taken before the re-development of the east side of Greyfriars (between fancy walk and Browning Street)in 1974
Greyfriars, Stafford
A photograph of the east side of Greyfriars (between Browning Street and Fancy Walk) taken before re-development in 1974.
Grocer's shop at Chase Terrace, Burntwood
A grocer's shop at 27 Princes Street, Chase Terrace, Burntwood.
Grocery Depot, Rugeley Camp, Cannock Chase
The Navy and Army Canteen Board Central Grocery Depot. The canteen grocery depot at Rugeley Camp, with civilian staff, many of whom were local people.
H. Williams & Co. Garage, Eccleshall
Horace Williams' Garage on High Street, Eccleshall.
This picture is taken from 'No Worry Motoring', an article by A.V. Stanford which appeared in the February 1928 edition of 'Monthly Pictorial' ...
H.W. Furbank's Garage and Petrol Station, Market Street, Uttoxeter
A white coated attendant fills the car from a choice of producer's petrol pumps. Furbanks also used to have a showroom onto the Market Place next to the cinema on Queen Street. The building is now a shop. ...
Hadley Lane , Newborough
A group of people, possibly on their way to church, in Hadley Lane, Newborough.