Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 57 1015 Records Found

Alleyne's Grammar School, Stone,

Alleyne's Grammar School was founded in 1558 by Rev. Thomas Alleyne. The Masters and Fellows of Trinity College Cambridge were made trustees. The first school building was located near to St. Michael's ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Uttoxeter

New classrooms at Alleyne's Grammar School. Uttoxeter Grammar School was founded in 1558 in the will of Thomas Alleyne, a school teacher. The school was originally a Grammar School for Boys and was ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Uttoxeter

Inside the new canteen kitchen showing steamers. Uttoxeter Grammar School was founded in 1558 in the will of Thomas Alleyne, a school teacher. The school was originally a Grammar School for Boys and ...

Alleyne's Grammar School, Uttoxeter

A view of two of the classrooms which were housed in a prefabricated building alongside the chemistry lab which is the new structure to the right. This was an extension to the older building housing ...

Alstonefield School

Alstonefield School was built in 1842 and closed in 1982. The school building is now occupied by the Village Hall. Back row: Arnold Hibbert (Headteacher). Middle row: Alan Hayes, Alan Johnson, ...

Alstonefield School

Back row: Fred Burton, Jim Oulsnam, Jim Atkinson, Frank Burton, Val Burgess, Bennett Oulsnam. Second row: Nelly Yates (standing), Dorothy Plant, Phoebe Austin, Nelly Allen, Freda Beresford, Ruth Redfern, ...

Alstonefield School

Alstonefield School group photograph. There are 83 children and three teachers.

Alstonefield School

Alstonefield School was built in 1842 and closed in 1982. The school building is now occupied by the Village Hall. To the right can be seen the girls cloakroom which is now used as the entrance to the ...

Alton - Exterior of St. John's Convent School: engraving

'Saint John's Hospital Alton.' Showing a bird's eye view of the building.'A. P. W.,' [Augustus Welby Pugin].

Amateur dramatic group at Denstone College

Part of the cast from a production of 'Henry VII'. Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in ...

Amington School, Tamworth

View of Amington Church of England School taken from the main road. The school was built by the famous Victorian architect G. Street, who also built Amington Church. The architectural details of note ...

Annie and Florrie Hart, Rugeley

Florrie (left) and Annie Hart are pictured during their school photograph at the St. Joseph and St. Etheldreda School in Rugeley. In later years Annie worked for the Co-operative Store in Rugeley. ...

Apedale Hall School

Apedale Hall School stands at the top of Apedale Road and was built in 1855 by John Edensor Heathcote to educate the children of the Apedale estate staff. It ceased to be used as a school in the 1870s ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Students at Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary School on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school later became a Junior High School before closing (after amalgamation with Blessed William Southerne). ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary (later Junior High) School was on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school amalgamated with blessed William Southerne to become St Margaret Ward. The buildings ...

Armitage School

A view of Armitage School at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Lane. It became the home of Armitage Youth Centre around 1975. The hall is also used by other community groups. The school was replaced ...

Armitage School: sepia drawing

'The School at Armitage, Staffordshire,' showing a long low building of 'Elizabethan' Gothic [1839] and a wall with a gateway.'J. Buckler.'

Armitage Youth Centre

Originally built as Armitage School, at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Road in the mid 19th century, it has been the home of Armitage Youth Centre since about 1975. The hall is also used by ...