Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 2 of 112 2000 Records Found

Aerial view of Upper Tean

This View of Upper Tean was taken from a Microlite Aircraft in April 1982. Much has changed in this photograph compared to today (2013). At the top of the image can be seen Tean Hall Mills, at the time ...

Aerial View of Armitage Pottery Works

The first pottery on this site was established by Thomas Bond. he was declared bankrupt two years later and the pottery was purchased by John Tunnicliff. In about 1851 the business was taken aover by ...

Aerial view of Branston, Burton-upon-Trent

An aerial view of the southern part of Burton upon Trent showing Branston and the Centrum 100 developmentThis Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled ...

Aerial view of BRC factory, Stafford

Aerial photograph of BRC (British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Co.) factory, Queensville, Stafford, looking south. Lichfield Road in foreground, Silkmore Lane to the left. The British Reinforced Concrete ...

Aerial view of Burton-on-Trent

View of High Street and the surrounding area. Both rail transport links and brewery sites can be clearly seen.

Aerial view of Cauldon Low Quarry

A general view of the limestone quarries at Cauldon Low showing railway connections. On the left hand side the railway line from Leekbrook can be seen, leading to the marshaling sidings. Centre left ...

Aerial View of Dorman's Factory, Stafford,

Dorman's factory on Tixall Road, which rums from bottom left to top right. The road across the bottom of the picture is Harrowby Street. Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, ...

Aerial view of Dosthill, Tamworth

An aerial view of Dosthill, with the Stone Ware Clayworks pictured in the centre.

Aerial view of Duncan Hall, Yarnfield

An aerial view Duncan Hall at Yarnfield, looking north east. The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. It occupied buildings at Howard Hall, ...

Aerial View of Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford

Aerial view of the Common Road site. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 ...

Aerial view of GEC Meters factory, Stone

An aerial view of GEC Measurements, Stone, originally built as the Lotus shoe factory. The main building in the centre of this aerial view was built in 1950 for Lotus Ltd. In the foreground is Longton ...

Aerial view of Henry Venables Ltd., Stafford

Henry Venables founded his timber business in Foregate Street, next to Bostock’s shoe manufactory. He made wooden packing cases for the export of shoes. He was born in Stafford in 1827 and had been working ...

Aerial view of Hixon Airfield Industrial Estate

View from the west looking over Hixon Airfield Industrial Estate towards Hixon village. On the right edge of the image is New Road. One of the runways can be seen in the foreground. Hixon Airfield ...

Aerial view of Kidsgrove

In the centre of this view is Kidsgrove Railway Station, and just to the right is the Harecastle Tunnel entrance. Bottom right is Harding's Wood Junction where the Trent and Mersey Canal joins the Macclesfield ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial view of Littleton Colliery, Huntington

In the foreground are the colliery buildings, with houses close by.

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken in the 1960s, this view shows many pottery factories, bottle ovens and warehouses. The street running left to right in the middle ground is The Strand. Taken ...

Aerial View of Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

The Lotus factory is bounded at the bottom by Freeman Street, on the right by Oxford Street (later Oxford Gardens), on the left by Sandon Road and at the top by Henry Street. The area behind Oxford Gardens ...