Theme Explorer

Page 16 of 17 290 Records Found

Trentham Institute,

Trentham Institute,

Trentham Village

Tudor House, Cheadle

This building dates from 1558, except for the two storey end section of Sleigh's shop, which is a later addition. Before it became Sleigh's in the 1930s (until the 1950s), this part of the building was ...

Tudor House, Cheadle

A postcard view of Tudor House at 77 High Street, Cheadle. Tudor House is a timber-framed building dating from 1558. In the panel on the right it is described as “Ye Olde House, Cheadle”. On the left ...

Unveiling of the War Memorial, Stone,

The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant of the County. The statue was designed by Albert Toft (1862 - 1949), who also designed the war memorial at ...

Vicarage Farmhouse, Ranton,

Vicarage Farmhouse on Coton Lane dates from the mid-sixteenth century. Original features include Elizabethan hinges and mullioned windows. The property belonged to the Church, until it was sold in ...

Vicars Close and Lichfield Cathedral

Taken from the lower courtyard of Vicars Close, Lichfield, the three spires of Lichfield Cathedral can be seen above the ancient roof tops. The bright, rectangular feature at the bottom of the photograph ...

View from Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme looking south

Watercolour by James Hulse of a view looking from Red Lion Square towards the High Street. Figures, cart and horse, carriage in the background and dogs on the cobbled street.

View of Bridge Street, Stafford

On the far right is Burgess' agricultural engineers, now replaced by Allied Carpets. The clock tower belongs to the Royal Brine Baths, built in 1892. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade ...

Vine Hotel, Stafford,

The Vine Hotel on Salter Street. The Tudor Cafe is to the left of the Vine, with the Co-op to the right.

Visit of Edward, Prince of Wales, Stone

View of Granville Square during a visit from the Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII, who was passing through the town on his way from Sandon to the Potteries, via Trentham Park. The Prince inspected ...

Wallhill Manor Farm, Rushton Spencer

Wallhill Manor Farm was built in 1629 with an extension (on the right hand side) added in 1839. During the 19th and earlier 20th century the house and farm belonged to the Yardley family.

Water Street, Stafford

View looking across Mill Street and down Church Lane. Framed between the buildings of Church, or Bier Lane, is the tower of St. Mary's Church. Water Street was much narrower in this period than ...

Wattle and Daub Wall, Stafford,

Remains of an old house wall on Stafford Street, now demolished. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Wedding Group outside Izaak Walton's Cottage, Shallowford,

Izaak Walton was a famous angler and author whose best known work 'The Complete Angler' was published 1653 and is still in print. Born in Stafford in 1593, Walton moved to London to become an apprentice ...

Weston in Flood,

A long period of rainy weather resulted in the River Trent rising to its highest level ever recorded. Many towns and villages suffered flood damage.

Weston Manor House,

Originally a farmhouse, Weston Manor dates from the sixteenth century. In the mid-1800s the building was used as a National School and school teacher's cottage, then a Wesleyan Methodist meeting house ...