Stone Congregational Chapel Outing,
The Congregational Church was built on Longton Road in 1871.
After a fire in March 1886 the church was rebuilt and is now St. John's Methodist Reformed Church.
Stone Road, Tittensor
A postcard view looking north along Stone Road, Tittensor. St. Luke's Church is just off picture to the left.
This postcard was published by William Shaw, Burslem. It was franked on 20 August 1928 ...
Studio portrait Mother and Baby, Stafford
This glass plate was probably taken by Weiss & Fowke. Charles Fowke was based at the Victoria Road studio from about 1904, at first in partnership with Paul Weiss (Wise). The partnership was dissolved ...
Studio Portrait of a Boy and Girl, Stafford,
Studio portrait of Ernest Haywood and his sister.
Studio Portrait, Stafford
Portrait of two young girls and a boy. This glass plate was probably taken by Weiss & Fowke. Charles Fowke was based at the Victoria Road studio from about 1904, at first in partnership with Paul Weiss ...
Summer Holidays in Leek
Scenes of children playing in Cheddleton Road (top), and Strangman Street.
Teddy Bear Tea Party
The teddy bear gained its name due to an story about the U.S President Theodore Roosevelt.
Mr Roosevelt was invited on a bear hunt by Governor Andrew H. Longino in 1902. After he was unable to kill ...
Thatcher at work, Fradley
Mr. Bull of Fradley, near Burton-upon-Trent working on a thatched roof at 38 Tudor Hill. The boy's name is Martin.
The Cottage, Rolleston-on-Dove
The Cottage, on Brook Side, Rolleston-on-Dove, an image from the Rolleston Hall Estate Sale Catalogue, October 1919. Sir Oswald Mosley, 5th Baronet (1873-1928) had inherited the estate in 1915 on the ...
The Croft, Seighford
Left to right: Susan Jenks, Roger Bunn and Janet Lawton are pictured sitting in the garden of the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing on ...
The Croft, Seighford
Left to right: Susan Jenks, Janet Lawton and Roger Bunn are pictured in the garden of a house known as the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing ...
The Fanny Deakin Maternity Hospital, Newcastle-under-Lyme
The Fanny Deakin Maternity Hospital was opened in 1947. It was named in recognition of the fight of local Labour politician, Fanny Deakin, for the welfare of young children and expectant mothers.
The Magic Roundabout at Stafford Co-op Department Store
During the early 1970’s the Stafford Co-op Department Store usually had a theme for the opening of their Toy Fair and Santa’s Grotto to coincide with the Christmas shopping period. Throughout November ...
The Old Plough Inn, Wetley Rocks
In this postcard view children pose for the photographer with the Old Plough Inn, Wetley Rocks, in the background. The Old Plough Inn stood on the junction of Leek Road, Main Road and Plough Bank. The ...
The Taylor children, Pattingham
Ann and Robert Taylor at the side of the family shop. Their father Harold was the village butcher. Robert later joined him in the business.
The Zoo, Drayton Manor Park, near Tamworth
This postcard view shows one of the animal enclosures at Drayton Manor Park and Zoo.
In later years the site became known as Drayton Manor Resort, one of the largest amusement parks in the UK with ...
Townsend House, Sedgley
In the grounds of Townsend House, Sedgley, with Mrs Wilkes and her daughter Winnie, holding a doll. At the time this photograph was taken Townsend House was the home of George Frederick Wilkes (1866-1942) ...
Toy Noah's Ark
This Noah's Ark belonged to a family living in Brocton, near Stafford. It was made in Germany and dates from about 1917. The ark came complte with wooden figures of Noah and his family, and over 80 ...