West Hill School, High Mount Street, Hednesford
West Hill School building, built in 1888, can be seen to the left with the small bell tower and pointed gables. The two houses on the right of this photograph were originally occupied by the headmaster ...
West Hill, Hednesford
This street is officially now named Green Heath Road but is still referred to locally as West Hill. The building with the steeple on the right is West Hill Primary School. This and some of the houses ...
West Hill, Hednesford
Officially named as Green Heath Road but known as West Hill to the locals. Recognisable today, the school was Hednesford's first Board School opened in January 1874, but almost immediately it was found ...
West Hill, Hednesford
Now officially named Green Heath Road this early postcard shows West Hill with the Board Schools for boys and girls on the right, now West Hill Primary School. There is open land on the street before ...
Weston Hall,
This seventeenth century hall is located half a mile west of Weston, on the lower slopes of Weston Bank.
In the early twentieth century the house was sold to pay gambling debts and is now a restaurant....
Weston School
On the left is the Head Teacher Mr Mills (wearing a hat) and on the right is Teacher, Miss Farr with a group of pupils at Weston School, near Stafford.
Weston Schools
A group of young children pose in the school gateway. The school opened as Weston on Trent National School in 1878 and was later Weston CE School, Weston on Trent Primary School, and latterly St Andrew's ...
Westwood Hall, Leek
The original Westwood Hall building dates from the 1600s. Originally it was a fairly simple farm-house, but when John Davenport, a potter and glassmaker bought the property in 1813 he began a series of ...
Westwood High School for Girls, Leek
Situated in Westwood Park and built around an earlier 17th century house, it was purchased in 1813 by local potter John Davenport as a family house. The Bell Tower is one of the modifications designed ...
Wetley Rocks Show
A group of officials and attendees at Wetley Rocks Show in 1921 with St. John's School and St. John's Church tower in background.
Wetley Rocks Show
A postcard view of villagers and onlookers along with several children dressed in special clothes for the Village Show, taken on Mill Lane, Wetley Rocks.
The building in the background is the Village ...
Wetley Rocks Show
Crowds outside St. John's School and church lychgate, at Wetley Rocks Show in 1922.
Wharf Inn, Shebdon,
Ann Ethel was the licensee of the Wharf Inn.
Wheaton Aston School
Group photograph taken in 1937 of staff and pupils of St Mary's Primary School, Wheaton Aston. The headmaster was Mr J. W.Button. Electric lights were installed in the school in this year.
Please ...
Wheaton Aston School
Group of pupils with their headmaster standing outside St. Mary's School, Wheaton Aston. The school was founded in 1853.
Wheelwrights, Stone
Mr Ravenscroft was a wheelwright, blacksmith and coffin maker.
He is pictured here at his workshop on Crown Street, and lived opposite in Forge House.
Whiston School group
The girl seated 3rd from the right in the 2nd row is Audrey Beardmore.
Whiston School group
The boys seated on the front row are (left to right): peter Williams, David Williams, Bernard Beardmore and Robert Hitchins. The boy wearing spectacles in the back row is Brian Richardson. The teacher ...