Theme Explorer

Page 103 of 109 1961 Records Found

Trentham village

Looking north along the old narrow A34 towards Hanford, before the road widening took place in 1960-62. The Trentham institute is on the right.

Trentside Middle and Infants School, 185 Endon Road, Norton Green

In the centre of the south face of this building are three gables, the middle gable with a plaque reading: 'Board School 1879'. The gables on either side have terracotta brickwork and mouldings.

Trip to Blackpool, Longnor School

Longnor School or Sunday School pictured on a trip to Blackpool. Photographer: F.J. Staman, 85 Central Beach, Blackpool, and 44 Prospect Street, Hull.

Turner Memorial School, Fenpark Road, Fenton

This Turner memorial Church of England Infants, School opened in 1865. The photograph shows the new buildings of 1896. Taking young children under 10 years old only, the school was supported by the Allen ...

Turner Memorial School, Fenton

The Turner Memorial School, stood on the corner of Fenpark Road and Paynter Street. This building dates from the 1890s and the school was formerly China Street National School dating from the 1840s. ...

Tutbury Congregational Church Sunday School

The Congregational Chapel and its neighbouring Sunday School stand on Monk Street. This group shows Mrs Crerar's class of ladies at the rear of Arden House Back row: Alice Morley, unknown, Mrs Moorcroft, ...

Tutbury School

The school dates from 1909 and is now Richard Wakefield CE (VC) Primary School located on Burton Street, Tutbury. The postcard is from the "Dorette Series' by Siddals, Newhall, Burton on Trent

Two boys dressed in costume for Rose Queen Festival, Christ Church School, Stone

Christopher Sandland and Tony Carter taking part in the Rose Queen Festival at Christ Church School, Stone. This is the outcome of a reminiscence session in which Year 4 pupils from Christ Church ...

Two Weeks to California, Walhouse Junior School, cannock

The cast of a Walhouse Junior School production of 'Two Weeks to California'. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and ...

Unidentified estate buildings

Three women standing outside estate cottages. Location not known, but possibly somewhere in north Staffordshire. If you recognise these buildings or the people in this photograph, please contact us.

Unveiling of war memorial, Uttoxeter

A group standing outside of the school hall in Bradley Street, Uttoxeter on the occasion of the unveiling of the Old Alleynians 1939-1945 war memorial in 1948. This part of Bradley Street is now Back ...

Upper Normacot Road and Meir Road, Normacot

Photograph taken at the junction of the two roads while road mending is in progress. Normacot National Schools are pictured.

Upper Normacot Road, Normacot

Looking south: Normacot Church of England School is on the left, the Church of Holy Evangelists on belgrave Road is ahead. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George ...

Uttoxeter Girls High School, Dove Bank, Uttoxeter

Members of the cast of a play in a scene called 'Home they brought the warrior'. The school was taken over by Staffordshire Education Committee in 1919, and re-named Uttoxeter Girls High School. It ...

Uttoxeter Girls High School, Dove Bank, Uttoxeter

Members of the cast of a play, in a scene called 'The Princess'. The school was taken over by Staffordshire Education Committee in 1919, and re-named Uttoxeter Girls High School. It had formerly been ...

Uttoxeter Girls High School, Uttoxeter

The school was merged with Uttoxeter Grammar School in 1964 and became a Comprehensive in 1974.

Uttoxeter Town - Free School: sepia wash drawing

'The Free School at Uttoxeter, Staffordshire,' [the old school]. Showing a plain late Georgian building of two storeys on a street. There is a sundial in the side wall. Artist: J. Buckler.

Valley Mines Training Centre, Western Area, Hednesford

The Valley Mines Training Centre in Valley Road, Hednesford closed in 1982, and since 1989 has housed the Museum of Cannock Chase, previously named The Valley Heritage Centre'. It was once part of the ...