Theme Explorer

Page 10 of 45 810 Records Found

Convalescing soldiers at Ravenhill House, Brereton

The house had been briefly unoccupied when, in March 1915, the War Office intimated that Lady Zouche had offered the house as a V.A.D (Voluntary Aid Detached) Hospital to be operated by the Red Cross ...

Convent of the Holy Rosary, Cannock

Opened in 1898 by the Sisters of the Christian Retreat, the Convent later became Lyncroft School in the 1970s and then Chase Academy in 1998, since renamed Chase Grammar School.. The Convent building ...

Coppice Mill, Stone,

At one time there were ten mills in the Moddershall Valley which provided material for the pottery industry. This is Coppice Mill on Longton Road, also known as Shardlow's Mill. In the eighteenth ...

Coppice Mill, Stone,

At one time there were ten mills in the Moddershall Valley which provided material for the pottery industry. This is Coppice Mill on Longton Road, also known as Shardlow's Mill. In the eighteenth ...

Corner Farmhouse, Upper Mayfield

A postcard view of Corner Farmhouse, a Grade II listed building, which stands on the crossroads of Hollow Lane, Gallowstree Lane and Piccadilly Lane in Upper Mayfield. Note the Venetian window above the ...

Corporation Street, Stafford

Featured in this postcard view is Corporation Street looking north from the junction with Cambridge Street. Corporation Street was said to be the longest street in Stafford. The houses were built in ...

Coton Hill Farm, Coton, Milwich,

Coton, Gnosall

Looking along Newport Road towards Gnosall village centre from Coton, this photograph was taken just outside the Navigation Inn (off the picture, to the left) by the road bridge over the Shropshire Union ...

Cottage at Newhouse Farm, Ranton

Timber-framed cottage building at Newhouse Farm, Ranton. The photographer Dr. J.E.C. Peters left a note attached to the picture stating: “A single bay extended at the rear. It has not been used since ...

Cottage, Grub Street, High Offley.

This small timber-framed cottage, since demolished, stood on the west side of Grub Street in High Offley next to the Royal Oak public house. A large brick buttress is supporting the front of the house....

Cottage. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of a lady outside a cottage. Unknown location and subject.

Cottages at Rickerscote, Stafford

A view of cottages on Rickerscote Road taken from School Lane at the junction with Old Rickerscote Lane. These cottages still exist (2026), those facing the camera have been changed by removing the ...

Cottages in Coalpit Lane, Brereton

These thatched cottages are thought to have been about half-way up Coalpit Lane on the right (north) side of the road. They belonged to the Earl of Shrewsbury, Brereton's Lord of the Manor and owner ...

County Asylum, Stafford

The County Asylum on Corporation Street opened in 1818, to accommodate 120 private and pauper patients. The hospital moved to Seisdon near Wolverhampton in 1946 and the building became St. George's ...

County Asylum, Stafford,

The County Asylum on Corporation Street opened in 1818, to accommodate 120 private and pauper patients. The hospital moved to Seisdon near Wolverhampton in 1946 and the building became St. George's ...

County Council Chamber, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Council Meeting, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Road, Stafford

This view of County Road is largely unchanged since the photograph was taken in 1962. The houses on the right are No.'s 11 – 6. On the extreme right there is a glimpse of the 1831 'Greyhound Inn' (No. ...