Latest Additions To The Site

Page 1 of 56 1000 Records Found

Teachers at Ravenhill County Primary School, Brereton, near Rugeley

Teachers pose for the camera with the school buildings in the background. Ravenhill County Primary School was situated on Talbot Road off Redbrook Lane on the site now occupied by Brereton Hayes Community ...

Brocton, near Stafford

A colour-tinted postcard view of Brocton, looking from Sawpit Lane towards The Green with the motor car emerging from Pool Lane. A young man with a bicycle poses for the photographer. The postcard ...

Brocton near Stafford

A postcard view taken from The Green, Brocton, looking towards Milford. The Smallwoods lived in the cottage on the right with the village smithy attached. Samuel Buttery was the village Blacksmith. The ...

Brocton, near Stafford

A postcard view taken from The Green, Brocton, looking towards Milford. The Smallwoods lived in the cottage on the right with the village smithy attached. Samuel Buttery was the village blacksmith.

Brocton, near Stafford

A postcard view of Brocton village looking towards the Green.

Beresford Dale

A colour-tinted postcard photograph of a couple standing near weirs on the River Dove at Beresford Dale, on the Staffordshire-Derbyshire border. This card was produced for The North Staffordshire ...

Alf Newey, Steeple Chase Jockey

Alf Newey famously rode Eremon, the winner of the Grand National in 1907, trained by Tom Coulthwaite from his Hazel Slade stables. Coulthwaite also trained two other Grand National winners: Jenkinstown, ...

Lawnhead Farm House, Ellenhall

More recently known as Lawnhead House, this farm house is situated on the B5405 a little to the west of the junction with Ellenhall Lane. For many years it was farmed by the Cartmail family.

High Street, Eccleshall

A view of Eccleshall High Street looking west from the crossroads. The timber framed building on the right is the Market Hall (built in 1884) which replaced the Old Market Hall and was constructed to ...

Sneyd Oxide Factory, Commercial Street, rear of 98 Waterloo Road, Burslem

This building was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and is part of Sneyd Oxide Factory and Warehouse occupying building formerly occupied by Caterham Brothers Fireplaces. It consists of one irregular ...

Foregate Street, Stafford

Looking north on Foregate Street, Stafford with County Road on the right foreground and Sash Street further along. The white building with dormer windows is number 62-63, Foregate Street, built around ...

Caterham Brothers Works, Commercial Street, Burslem

This is the rear of Caterham Brothers Fireplaces on Waterloo Road. The business became a limited company in 1958, and manufactured fireplaces and Cannon Tiles and their works were at the northern end ...

Charles Bunting steam truck, Uttoxeter

This steam truck was operated by Charles Bunting Limited, a firm of brewers based in Uttoxeter. It is pictured standing in front of Bunting’s Brewery which stood off High Street and Bradley Street. Steam ...

Ewart Sydney Heath's Sneyd Mill Works, Leonora Street, Burslem

Ewart Sydney Heath’s Sneyd Mill Works situated on Leonora Street, Burslem. The Heath family has been involved in the pottery industry since 1875. Born in 1914, Ewart Sydney Heath started work in the ...

Dovecote at Brewood Hall

This late 17th century Dovecote was demolished in the late 1960s following the sale of Brewood Hall to property developers.

Canal Bridge near Shugborough, Great Haywood

This cast iron bridge, now numbered Bridge 72A, still (2026) spans the Trent and Mersey Canal at Great Haywood. It was built around 1770 to carry the carriage drive between Shugborough Hall and Little ...

Sneyd Colliery, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the entrance to the colliery from Sneyd Terrace which was just off Moorland Road in the area that is now Lingard Street. The camera is looking south east towards the head ...

High Altar, Lichfield Cathedral

The High Altar in the Choir of Lichfield Cathedral, restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in the 1860s. Photograph by the Rev. C.F.L. Barnwell (1853-1933) who was Vicar of Stramshall from 1879 to 1933, ...