Theme Explorer

Page 97 of 98 1755 Records Found

Winshill Playgroup, Burton-upon-Trent

Winshill Playgroup, based at Tower View Primary School, Vancouver Drive, Winshill, Burton-upon-Trent. This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by ...

Wolseley Road, Rugeley

A postcard view of a quiet scene looking north on Wolseley Road in Rugeley. The building on the right is Rugeley Grammar School which in later years became the Chancel Primary School.

Wolstanton Church School class 5, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Before the days of free state education many school were run by churches and charitable organisations who took it upon themselves to educate the lower classes who could not afford to pay for education. ...

Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Wolstanton County Grammar School was opened in 1928

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: aquatint engraving

'A Front View of the School.' Showing a central block with the entrance door, above which is a bell turret, with two symmetrical wings of two storeys. Taken from I. Taylor's Map of 1751, and reproduced ...

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: engraving

'To the Trustees of the Free Grammar School in Wolverhampton, this Plate being a Front View of the said School, is very respectfully Inscribed by their most Obedient & Obliged humble Servant, R. Paddey.' ...

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: sepia drawing

'Grammar School at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire.' Showing a perspective view looking down the street. The building is of brick with stone dressings, erected 1714 in the classical style of the time. ...

Wolverhampton - 'The New Schools for Boys and Girls': sepia drawing

'The New School for Boys and Girls on the North West side of the Church Yard of St. Peter's Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton.' Showing a building of the Gothic revival with four gables and a bell turret. ...

Wolverhampton Road, Stafford

Wolverhampton Road looking towards Stafford town centre. The large building in the centre is Camden Place built for Richard Ford in the early nineteenth century and designed by George Gilbert Scott. ...

Wolverhampton Road, Stafford,

Camden Place, the large building in the distance, was built for Richard Ford in the early nineteenth century. In the 1960s it was used as an annex to the College of Art, but was demolished in the 1970s ...

Woman and boy, Woodseaves area

Portrait of a woman with a boy in his school uniform, from the Woodseaves area. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

Woodall's Drapers Shop, Stafford,

Woodall's shop was at 55 Greengate Street. It closed in the 1970s.

Woodwork class at Kings Bromley School

A woodwork class at Richard Cross Church of England School, Kings Bromley.

Woodwork class, Dartmouth treet Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. A further name change ...

Woodwork Class, Kitchener Institute, Stone

Granville Secondary Modern School's woodwork classroom was in the Kitchener Institute on the corner of Vistor Street and Berkeley Street. the building also housed the school's Domestic Science room. ...

Woodwork class, Knightley School

Woodwork class, students holding woodwork projects. Knightley School was built in 1874 and enlarged in 1894. In 1912 it had places for 125 children.

Woodwork exhibition, Stone

An exhibition of woodwork made by Frank Phillip's pupils at Granville Secondary Modern School, Stone. The woodwork classroom was at the Kitchener Institute on the corner of Victor Street and Berkeley ...

Woodwork room at Dartmouth Street Secondary Modern Boys School, Stafford

The school opened in 1939 as Dartmouth Street Senior Boys School. In 1944 it became a Secondary Modern School for Boys, and was renamed Kingston Secondary Modern School in 1956. A further name change ...