Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 9 of 10 176 Records Found

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall, designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge bar was added in ...

The Commemoration Hall, Rolleston

The Commemoration Hall (pictured left), designed by Arthur Eaton of Derby, was opened in 1897 to coincide with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It stands on the esat side of Burnside. A lounge ...

The Constitutional Club, 149-50 High Street, Burton-on-Trent

Exterior view of the Constitutional Club in High Street, built by the post office in 1877 and was employed in that respect until 1905 when the amount of mail became too great to handle at this site, the ...

The Home Hut, Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

These were recreational huts possibly using one of the standard sized spare huts on an available Battalion Line. They were staffed by volunteers and allowed soldiers a relaxing area in which to read a ...

The Institute and Post Office, Wheaton Aston

A view of the corner of Marston Road and High Street with the Wheaton Aston Institute and Reading Room on the left, built in 1887, and now the Village Hall. On the right is Mayland's supply store and ...

The Old Drill Hall, Victoria Street, Hednesford

The hall was built in 1894 for the South Staffordshire Territorial Army to train in. It is a low, brick-built, tiled building with a smaller building to the left. The hall has arched windows and a doorway ...

The Old Village School, Yarnfield

The Village Hall was completed in 1937 and was an extension to the existing village school building. The village school remained on this site until 1952.

The Veterans' Club, Cannock Park

A colour-tinted postcard of the Veterans' Club in Cannock Park. The park was opened in 1932, funded by The Miners' Welfare Committee but the land had been used for recreational purposes prior to this ...

The Village Club, Sandon

The Village Club was built in 1905. At the same time the Dog and Doublet, on the opposite side of the road, was rebuilt. Both buildings were designed by Sir E. Guy Dawber and paid for by the Earl of ...

The Village Club, Sandon,

The Village Club was built in 1905. At the same time the Dog and Doublet, on the opposite side of the road, was rebuilt. Both buildings were designed by Sir E. Guy Dawber and paid for by the Earl ...

The Village School, Clifton Campville

St. Andrew's Church of England Primary School was believed to have originally been built as a bar, but became a National School in the early-mid 19th century. A new school building was built in 1960, ...

Top of Market Street, Hednesford

Save for the style of lighting and the road markings, this postcard view was little changed from that of fifty years earlier. Eskrett Street is midway on the left with the Progressive Working Men's Club ...

Trentham Golf Club,

Trentham village

Looking north along the old narrow A34 towards Hanford, before the road widening took place in 1960-62. The Trentham institute is on the right.

Valerie Pritchard, "Miss Sandon"

Miss Valerie Pritchard, aged 16 years, of 56 Common Road, Stafford was chosen “Miss Sandon” at a dance organised by the Sandon and District branch of the British Legion, held in Sandon Village Club, on ...

View of Corporation Street, Tamworth

On the left can be seen the Cemetary and railings of the Carnegie Library. The Assembly Rooms are directly ahead, and the Drill Hall is on the right hand side. The Assembly rooms were built by a public ...

View of the Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The building seen on the far right hand side of this photograph was a private house, which was demolished in 1930. The Silverdale Equitable Industrial Co-operative Society purchased the site and built ...

View of the Jubilee Hall, Bargate Street, Brewood

The Angel Hotel used to stand on this corner, but part of the building was demolished in 1935. The rest of the building was turned in to the Jubilee Hall. The Hall was opened to celebrate the jubilee ...