Theme Explorer

Page 8 of 11 190 Records Found

Royal Mail Van, Stafford,

Royal Mail van believed to be the first motor driven mail van in Stafford. The bodywork was made by Bagnall's Carriage Works in Stafford. Note the solid wheels and George V's insignia.

Rudyard Lake

Rudyard Lake is a reservoir which was constructed in 1797 by engineer John Rennie to feed the Caldon Branch of the Trent & Mersey Canal. It is around 2.5 miles long and covers roughly an area of 168 acres. ...

Runners, Granville Square, Stone

Runners in Granville Square, Stone, preparing to carry torches to light beacons to mark the start of Stone's Festival of Britain activities. The boys, from the Boy Scouts, ran to light beacons at Stone ...

Sandon Post Office,

Main Road, Sandon, looking south. G. Gilbert ran the Post Office and a tailor's business. The Post Office is now a private house. The current Post Office and village shop stands on the opposite ...

School Lane, Stretton

Looking north along School Lane towards the crossroads with Lapley Lane, Stretton, near Brewood. In the foreground is the Old Reading Room which has since had a second storey added and its thatch replaced ...

Shop and Telephone Box, Kings Bromley

Looking out onto the village war memorial, the building is no longer a shop having being converted to a private house since this photograph was takem. The letter box, advertising signs and notice board ...

Skating by Moonlight on Rudyard Lake

Rudyard Lake or reservoir was constructed in 1797 by engineer, John Rennie, to feed the Caldon Branch of the Trent & Mersey Canal. It is around 2.5 miles long and covers roughly an area of 168 acres. ...

Slindon Post Office and General Store

At the time of this photograph the Postmistress was Mary E. Peach. A postcard view published by E.J. Hurlstone of Eccleshall.

Smallthorne Post Office, 111 Ford Green Road

Occupying the corner site of Ford Green Road and Robert Heath Street, this two storey rectangular building has a modern shop frontage with post office sign aside the single door. It was constructed between ...

Souvenir postcard, Rugeley

A novelty postcard over-printed with the caption: 'The Lovers' Walk, Rugeley to Etching Hill.' postcard published by the Cynicus Publishing Co. Ltd., Tayport, Fife.

Souvenir postcard, Stafford

A souvenir postcard with the coat of arms of the Borough of Stafford. A 'Heraldic Series' postcard.

Souvenir postcard, Stafford

A souvenir postcard published by Scott Russell & Co., Birmingham, with a Stafford Knot and the coat of arms of the Borough of Stafford. The title erroneously reads 'The Staffordshire Knot. The Coat of ...

Spring Valley, Trentham

Spring Valley, on the Trentham Estate, separates Jervis Wood form King's Wood. With Jervis Wood to its south, King's Wood provides the primary background to Trentham lake in the view from the Hall and ...

Staff Group, Stone Post Office,

The post office was originally located in the Crown Inn, a coach inn on Crown Street. When mail was no longer carried by coach the post office moved to the building on High Street which is now Lloyd's ...

Stafford Street, Eccleshall

This picture was taken looking along the west side of Stafford Street in Eccleshall. On the left are the former premises of Robert Heywood Estate Agents and next door is the Post Office. The Post Office ...

Stone Road, Tittensor

St. Luke's Church gates can be seen on the left. When the A34 was constructed and the road was widened, the gates were moved back, meaning that the church was much closer to the road..

Stone Telephone Exchange

The GPO (General Post office) telephone exchange in Stone. Seated at the front is Mrs Joan Ravenscroft. Joan was a telephonist from 1957 to 1967. The telephone exchange was over the Post Office in Granville ...

Stone War Memorial,

The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant of the County. The statue was designed by Albert Toft (1862 - 1949), who also designed ...